AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my Marantz sr7200 that has gone tits up. Any recommendations for a quality receiver? To be used only for music. 2 towers and one sub is what it needs to run. I have no need for lots of home theater inputs/outputs. Just a quality, reliable,
simple, musical receiver.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Price range?
300 bucks or so...i am also willing to accept an older model that I can find used. I just need something to search for or compare to. Something of good quality capable of great sonic reproduction with some power...lol "sonic reproduction" I've been reading this forum to much

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes but not at the expense of passing on the imaginary perfect receiver for my real needs.
Seems like all current receivers have a bunch of features you don't want or need. And in the $300 price range you are probably paying more for all that stuff than you are power and sound quality. Maybe you should look around for a used integrated amp?

(Sorry, can't recommend an amp. I use Denon AVR and like them, but the newer models seem to be suffering from the bloat.)

·
Registered
935 Posts
My vote would be for the Yamaha R-S500 stereo receiver. $280 refurb now at accessories4less.

·
Registered
15,520 Posts
"Natural sound" is just the marketing speak from Yamaha. I'd be more concerned that it's a used item with a problem. Make sure to check it out before buying it (I would never buy used without the ability to check it out and make sure it's functioning properly - what you don't need is a $100 doorstop).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts