AVS Forum banner
  • Get an exclusive sneak peek into our new project. >>> Click Here

Recommended Amp for Buttkicker LFE's

504 Views 3 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Trini Enthusiast
Hi, I have two buttkicker LFE's and have a choice between the following two amplifiers:

A used BKA1000 4A, 10 years old and lightly used, in good condition.
A new Crown Audio XLI 2500 amplifer. It's an open-box amp, minor cosmetic damage.

Which amp would it be safer/ better to buy?

Each LFE will be attached to a two seater sofa via the sofa attachment/ rubber isolaters kit.

N.B. Having some buyer's remorse of the BK's, it was between these and the Earthquake MBQ1, but I got the LFE's (used) at a good price. I'm hoping when I set it up, all goes well.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Hi, I have two buttkicker LFE's and have a choice between the following two amplifiers:

A used BKA1000 4A, 10 years old and lightly used, in good condition.
A new Crown Audio XLI 2500 amplifer. It's an open-box amp, minor cosmetic damage.

Which amp would it be safer/ better to buy?

Each LFE will be attached to a two seater sofa via the sofa attachment/ rubber isolaters kit.

N.B. Having some buyer's remorse of the BK's, it was between these and the Earthquake MBQ1, but I got the LFE's (used) at a good price. I'm hoping when I set it up, all goes well.
What’s the price of each? They’d both work just fine. I have an XLS 1502 powering 2 BK LFE’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What’s the price of each? They’d both work just fine. I have an XLS 1502 powering 2 BK LFE’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Buttkicker amp is going for 275 and I can get the crown for 390
The Buttkicker amp is going for 275 and I can get the crown for 390
My concern is the reliability of the BK1000 though, at that age
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.