Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,

I'm thinking about buying a projector to use for home cinema. My only worry is that my living room might be to bright. I can't totally darken this room so i was thinking about buying a projector with a high lumen output (first i thought about the Infocus X1 but i fear it hasn't enough brightness for my situation). Currently i'm thinking about purchasing either a Mitsubishi SL4 (1700 ANSI Lumen, LCD) or else a BenQ PB8120 (1800 ANSI Lumen, DLP). Are these any good? Maybe someone knows another good projector (projector budget around 1600$) for use in a room with a little ambient light.

Suggestions or advice for a first time buyer greatly appreciated.

ps.

excellent forum, learned alot already just by reading the different threads and apologies for the crappy English (mother language is Dutch)

·
Registered
269 Posts
I use an x1, and its fine for watching TV in daylight, but for DVDs and HD content you really need decent light control. I have not seen either of the PJs you mentioned, but I would through the NEC lt240 in to the mix. My father has the lt240 at home and it is practically uneffected by ambient light, I cant imagine how bright the extra 500 lumens of the k series would be. And the picture quality of the NEC is just as good as the x1. I dont know how much they go for now, but when I was looking about in septemper it could be found for $2k.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Checkout the Sharp PG-A10X, its the same price as the X1, 1024x768, better color fidelity and 2-3 times brighter (1300 lumens, the X1 is 400-500 in film mode).

Heres a screen shot of mine in mid afternoon with the lights on and window open right next to the screen (its not washed out liek that in real life, see 2nd shot):
http://jetpaper.com/a10xbright.jpg

http://jetpaper.com/a10x2.jpg

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.