AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a pair of SpeakerCraft in-ceiling models that came with our house in the living room and which take duties as the surrounds in a 5.1 setup -- they are, I believe, one of the AIM models as seen here:

http://www.speakercraft.com/products/architectural-speakers/in-ceiling

I have been running them at an 80Hz crossover but because they're smaller satellite-style speakers, I was wondering if they should be running at a higher crossover, like say 100 or 120Hz....does anyone have any input based on the specs?

Thank You.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Try 80hz-120hz and go with what sounds best to your ears.

The AIM 5 One's are rated 55Hz-20k Hz so an 80 Hz crossover should work assuming thats what you have as their are no smaller AIM speakers

·
Banned
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrob425  /t/1522829/recommended-crossover-point-for-speakercraft-in-ceiling-surrounds#post_24490717

Try 80hz-120hz and go with what sounds best to your ears.

The AIM 5 One's are rated 55Hz-20k Hz so an 80 Hz crossover should work assuming thats what you have as their are no smaller AIM speakers

Thank you very much, Rob, for getting back to me about this -- I'm not positive which AIM model they are, but I'm pretty sure they're part of this series as when we had some installers at the house to run the wiring for them, they mentioned they "pivoted" for aiming and that they were a good brand (SpeakerCraft); do you think keeping them at 80 is okay though?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts