AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Avermedia VideoCapture card is not compatible with the ATI Radeon based cards.

Are there any good alternative video cards with dvi output (for a Hitachi 5500 Projector)?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
You want to keep your Avermedia card but use another video output? Are you sure it does not work?

If you can't use a Radeon, the other high quality card would be a Geforce 4 MX with DVI out...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the ATI and the AVERTV Studio (which I so far am happpy with -- still evaluating it though!).

I get random computer lockups when I run the AverTV. Contacted tech support and they told me that their card is not compatible with ATI Radeon :-(( (I have the 7500 version).

Is the Matrox Video quality (that is all I am interest in: strictly for HTPC use) as good as the ATI 7500?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
The only other card that has the potential to look as good as the Radeon series is the new Matrox coming out soon. It'll be expensive, but if video quality is important to you, I wouldn't step back to a Geforce.

I'd get rid of the Avermedia before I got rid of my Radeon.

Robert

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I recommended the GF4 MX series because that is the one with the 10bit DACs and improved video processing. People posting about using them have said very positive things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.