AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My brother is moving to the Boston area soon and is looking to outfit his flat with a new AV setup. He doesn't know anything about home theater gear, so I recommended that he look to a trustworthy local shop to help determine what would work best for him. His vision for the flat would be a flat panel display, a mid- to high-end receiver (like a Denon 4308), a Blu-ray player and a nice set of 5.1 or 7.1 speakers like B&W or Paradigm.

Are there some recommended dealers in the Boston area that would fit the bill? I've seen the following names in other threads, but don't know how they stack up since I can't visit them myself (I live in Texas).

Spearit Sound

Audio Concepts

New England Home Theater

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Give Q Audio a try.

95 Vassar Street

Cambridge, MA 02139

Purchased a complete AV system from them minus the display from them and was happy with the experience.

My setup includes a Sony ES receiver, Paradigm center, surrounds, and a HSU VTF-2 subwoofer.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I've purchased all my stuff from Spearit sound. Bring your own CDs, and some of the workers there are not very personable. It takes a few visits to "earn" their "trust", but they do have some nice stuff there.

·
Registered
338 Posts
You can also try The Natural Sound in Framingham (got my Rega P3 from them) and Home Theater and Beyond out of Manchester, NH. I bought some NAD stuff from Mike at HT&B last year... very knowledgeable guy and good pricing. SpearIt Sound is also good, but as someone else mentioned... not always helpful. New England Home Theater is ok... the owner is a nice guy. They sell NAD, LG, and PSB mostly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts