AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone recommend a good ISF Calibrator in the SF Bay Area? I'm looking to get my Samsung 50" Plasma calibrated.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Robert Busch, Scott Schackel and Jeff Meier cover that area...

See this LIST for contact info.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Please don't let Robert's AVS Forum Account fool you into believing he is new, I can assure you he is one of the Top Guns in the calibration industry (he just doesn't post much on the forum).

Quote:
Busch Home Theater is owned & operated by Robert Busch. Robert is a charter member of the ISF (Imaging Science Foundation) equipped with a Minolta CS200 Spectral Radiometer, Tektronix 1735 HDTV Waveform Analyzer, Sencore CP5000 Color Analyzer, Philips Color Analyzer, optical comparator and a Sencore HDTV Test Pattern Generator. With more than 20+ years of experience in electronics as an electronic technician

Robert Busch has worked in the field of high-end audio and home theater for over 20 years. He has written reviews of products for high-end audio/video magazines. He has worked with manufacturers to improve on these products to make them better. Robert Busch is a certified electronic technician and is ISF (Imaging Science Foundation) certified since the beginning of the ISF. He was one of the first to be Lucasfilm Ltd. THX certified. He has had the great fortune of working with some of the most respected people in audio/video. Through his 20+ years of experience he has acquired the knowledge to make a system work at its greatest potential.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
...and don't let Scott's Forum Post count fool you either..

Quote:
We have designed and built many home theaters, media rooms and high end two channel stereo rooms, and can obtain the equipment you want at competitive prices.

In addition, our experience in cutting edge commercial audio video - through work with clients such as KGO-TV and Network Appliance – helps drive innovative and practical designs for our consumer clients. Beeswing Audio Video is ISF and Sencore certified and has provided calibration, consulting and installation services to audio video end users and electronics manufacturers for over 15 years.

We have the latest calibration equipment from Sencore including CP5000 All Display Color Analyzer, VP403 Multimedia Video Generator, ACP6500 Auto CalPro, SP295C Audio Analyzer, DAG5161 Digital Audio Generator, and MX299 4-Microphone Multiplexer; plus a full complement of DVD and CD evaluation discs.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the responses guys. I'm still on the fence about whether a calibration is worth it. Right now I'm using recommended settings for basic things like contrast, brightness, etc and overall pleased with the way it looks, but I'm just curious how much of a difference I can expect. I would hate to shell out hundreds of dollars and not be wowed.

Does anyone know roughly how much I should expect a good calibration to go for? I have a Samsung Pn50A550 Plasma.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Please call/email these Pros and ask specifically for costs.. you will know your answer quickly from the source(s)....

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Hmmm ... so many qualified calibrators to choose from. I think I'll be ready to have my Kuro Sig 141 tuned next month. Nice to get this list.

·
Registered
212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe /forum/post/15416837

Please don't let Robert's AVS Forum Account fool you into believing he is new, I can assure you he is one of the Top Guns in the calibration industry (he just doesn't post much on the forum).

+1

Just had Robert calibrate my Pan PF11 last month. You will definately see a difference. I've noticed a brighter picture and more details in dark areas.

·
Registered
147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrinklefree /forum/post/15417222

Thanks for all the responses guys. I'm still on the fence about whether a calibration is worth it. Right now I'm using recommended settings for basic things like contrast, brightness, etc and overall pleased with the way it looks, but I'm just curious how much of a difference I can expect. I would hate to shell out hundreds of dollars and not be wowed.

Does anyone know roughly how much I should expect a good calibration to go for? I have a Samsung Pn50A550 Plasma.

Thanks!

I got my first 1080p Elite (PRO-FHD1) calibrated last year after it was properly broken in and the difference was huge. It is very difficult to know if you have a good picture not knowing what the actual parameters compared to reference.

Did you get you set calibrated? If yes, who did you use?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4i2fly /forum/post/16019823

I got my first 1080p Elite (PRO-FHD1) calibrated last year after it was properly broken in and the difference was huge. It is very difficult to know if you have a good picture not knowing what the actual parameters compared to reference.

Did you get you set calibrated? If yes, who did you use?

I ended up selling the Sammy and getting a Kuro 5020FD. It's still breaking in but would like to eventually have it calibrated. I understand the 5020 doesn't have nearly as many picture controls as the Sammy making the calibration hopefully cheaper. Can anyone tell me what I can expect on price?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think prices are pretty competitive based on my inquiries and it all depends on your set up. You should expect somewhere between $300 to $400 for a full calibration set up. But you should inquire yourself and find out first hand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.