AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased my 8500UB. Need a mount that will allow me to mount the projector to a standard sheet rock, 9ft ceiling. Will need to have it hang down approximately 11-12 inches to miss a light that is in the middle of the room. Thoughts or recommendations?

thanks all!

Scott

·
Registered
185 Posts
Here is my mount much better than a ceiling mount, easy to clean, adjust, etc

·
Registered
518 Posts
I am quite impressed with the Projector Gear custom mounts.

Each mount is machined from solid, aircraft-grade aluminum with a custom mounting plate for each projector- This is what the mount for the HC8500UB looks like . There are a variety of extension available as well in case you need your projector to drop below ceiling height. Best of all, they are VERY affordable. I actually thought that the price was shockingly low for a custom product of this nature.
Here is my HC8500UB mounted with a Projector-Gear mount and the 9"-13" extension.

·
Registered
272 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can mount the 8500UB to the backwall. I tried buying the ceiling + side mount from Projectormountstore.com, but they said their side mount is only rated for 15lb and the 8500UB is 16.1lbs.

What is everyone else doing?

·
Registered
12,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcar /forum/post/17698232

Just purchased my 8500UB. Need a mount that will allow me to mount the projector to a standard sheet rock, 9ft ceiling. Will need to have it hang down approximately 11-12 inches to miss a light that is in the middle of the room. Thoughts or recommendations?

thanks all!

Scott

Note that NO mount will allow straight to sheet rock installation...safely at least. You have to get into a joist...

·
Registered
518 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeslip /forum/post/19404971

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can mount the 8500UB to the backwall. I tried buying the ceiling + side mount from Projectormountstore.com, but they said their side mount is only rated for 15lb and the 8500UB is 16.1lbs.

What is everyone else doing?

You can always just hang a self for back wall installation. Take a trip to Home Depot (Lowes, whatever) and pick up a heavy duty shelf from the lumber section (it takes a rather deep shelf), have it cut to an appropriate size, pick up some reinforced shelf brackets and then sand and paint the self to match or finish with a wood stain. Make sure to mount at least two shelf brackets directly in studs at approximately the right height for your setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.