AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I need your help in choosing Sound Bar, I'm going to buy an Epson 5040 projector and I'm looking for a sound bar that will support 4K at a price of up to 500$. Most of the use will be for movies and series. I thought about the Sony HTNT5 for a price of 350? in amazon.uk Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ms650 sounds great.
The Samsung without the subwoofer will be better than the Nakamichi Shockwafe Pro 7.1Ch 400W Wireless Subwoofer & Rear Satellite Speakers at the price of 499$(In Amazon)?

·
Registered
736 Posts
The Samsung without the subwoofer will be better than the Nakamichi Shockwafe Pro 7.1Ch 400W Wireless Subwoofer & Rear Satellite Speakers at the price of 499$(In Amazon)?

No one can really answer this for you, except you. What sounds good to one person may sound terrible to another. Room accoustics and set up is another factor that will effect how a certain soundbar or speakers are going to sound. Why not just go with your first choice ( Sony HTN5 ) since it's a good price and see if you like it or not. Just because 1 person jumps on a thread and says he heard there are problems with it doesn't mean your going to. Don't forget there are thousands of customers that have bought the Sony HTNT5 and are perfectly happy with it. You might be to!

That's why you see so many different opinions on product reviews for a certain product. One guy thinks it's the best soundbar he has ever heard and the next guy says it's sounds worse then cheap computer speakers?? Who do you believe? I would say neither one. Clearly the guy that says it sounds worse then a cheap pair of computer speakers doesn't know what he's doing or he has one terrible room for decent sound.

I recommend buying the soundbar that has the features you need and trying it in your home or room and see how you like it. Then if you think you need help in making it sound better or setting it up check out these forums for advise.

I myself am new to this soundbar scene coming from a very good 5.1 system. I also have owned many different sound systems including 2.0,2.1,3.1 and 5.1 set ups over the last 30 years. To me soundbars of the past were for old people so they cound hear the TV's better or for the guy that absolutely didn't have room for any type of speakers and a receiver. But of recently i think manufactures of soundbars and technology has greatly improved sound quality ( especially for movies) and the ease of connecting these units makes it hard to resist trying one.

I have now demo or listened to 8 or 9 soundbar set ups recently and to be honest none sounded terrible. Some have better surround effects then others or one might sound a little better with music then another but none were terrible as you see some people on these forums claim!!

Reactions: karps1987
1 - 6 of 6 Posts