AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, title says it all. I have been already told to check out the Martin Logan Abyss but was out in 2007, are there any news subs, i mean new technology is always 99% / cheaper. Or am i wrong on speakers/subs?

Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I have a pair of those and they are very nice monitors.

I think that a good high quality sealed sub like a Rhythmik servo 15, or an Epik Dragon would be nice, but any quality subwoofer could be used. There are a lot of good choices these days. Do some reading up and figure out what your budget and aesthetic requirements are. GL. No offense but the Monitor subs don't offer much bang for the buck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ricci, now i am getting confused as on another post i saw lots of pro for the SVS SB12-Plus. Now i saw there are another two brands which seems good aswell.

My god its complicated.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Just for the record, I don't own one, but I plan on purchasing multiples.

He has a forum setup here: http://www.seaton-sound-forum.com/po...417&trail=20#1

Dual 15" drivers in opposed configuration

1000 watt ICE power amp with internal DSP

Useable In room response from 200hz to 10hz or lower in most rooms.

Completely inert during all playback levels(from owner testimonies). They place a nickle on its edge and then play at reference levels and the coin doesn't move. Mark used a dime once and got the same result.

I'm not the best person to ask though. There is a dedicated thread on AVS. I would recommend checking it out too.

·
Registered
575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 /forum/post/17024891

Hi guys, title says it all. I have been already told to check out the Martin Logan Abyss but was out in 2007, are there any news subs, i mean new technology is always 99% / cheaper. Or am i wrong on speakers/subs?

Thanks

speed6,

Been looking into the Mackies myself for HT use 7.1 . How are you wiring yours up and do you enjoy them...?

Steve

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hi David,

I had a chance to check out the HR824 and HR624 not too long ago at the G.C. and I am leaning towards the HR624. They have a more mid-hi sound very clean... I think... The HR824 have more bass to them but sound good also... I want to try something different in my HT setup with powered monitors...

Steve

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Yeah. I was thinking about them for a bedroom setup. Them or the Seaton Sound Sparks

·
Registered
575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed6 /forum/post/17029342

Mackie still on the way people, but i will make sure to let you know.

Sounds good... speed6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbuudo07 /forum/post/17029343

Yeah. I was thinking about them for a bedroom setup. Them or the Seaton Sound Sparks

The Seaton Sound Sparks looks great it was given some good feed back in the thread...

Steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts