AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doin the recones today, probably going to put all 4 in the towers and order four more 18's for the van, but I dont want to leave nick hangin if he gets back to me by tomorrow.

Anyway, I am very confused with what i received. I received a large bottle of black CA glue, a large bottle of activator, but both do not have lids! They were both capped off with electrical tape!

However, included was one screw on lid with a cap. But just one. Then there are two small spray bottles.

So if I am supposed to use the single screw on capped lid for the big bottle of black glue, why wasn't it shipped that way? Why was it tapped?

There are two spray bottles but one is larger and white, the other is slightly smaller and clear. Is one for the black glue and one for the activator? Or both for the activator, and if so, why are they different?

Finally. Do I need to use a notcard for the gapper or would any piece of paper/cardboard that is close to the thickness OK?

Thank you.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Will a folded piece of paper be enough? Should I keep stacking them until its too much to make sure there is no play?

One piece so far, feels like there may be room to go 2 pieces folded i 1/2 so 4 layers thick.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2 pieces works perfect. still wondering about the single extra nossle and two spray bottles.

See the gap where they missed black glue mounting the surround? It wasn't even attatched. I did have an airleak in the van I couldn't find, I heard it, now I know what it was. Accidents happen

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We started at 4pm, did a lot of things in between, didn't get done just cutting scraping and grinding until 11pm. I thought we'd have them reconed and the new hoes cut out on the towers tonight, free air break-i vids tomorrow, installed and blowin out glass by tomorrow night. Gonna recone tomorrow.

nobody gonna help about glue?

·
Registered
352 Posts
The spray bottle is for the activator, bud. Just use the tipped cap on the glue bottle, and run it around the spider landings then spray your activator on it when you have the spider packs situated and ready. The progress is lookin' good so far! Try youtube if you need some more help, I know there are a ton of videos on reconing speakers on there.

Are the recones that you got the new style with the woven tinsel leads?

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it, took the tape off and both bottles had lids and caps

Got 2 done, workin on the other 2 now.

Nope, not woven. Are the IB3s gonna be woven? BTW IB3's are a pack of one :p

·
Registered
352 Posts
It looked like they had caps underneath the tape, my guess it was just to keep the caps on the bottles.

That seems unusual to me, from pics I have seen, all the other lines use woven leads now.

I guess when it comes to four 18's beating, who cares about a little tinsel slap? I would be more worried about your face slapping the back of your head!

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I thought my 1st time doin a single recone was a ***** cuz I was a virgin, but the **** sucks. I wouldnt want it for a full time job. Chad and Dale Kuypers, youre still punk ass bitches. You ****ed me on recones, ****ed me on polymid restocking fees, you lied your asses off all along. Dan of Adire and Josh of Carstereos.org/soundillusions.net knew what was up and I was a stupid kid trying to stand up for you. Yes when you purposely kept taking your time doing my recones because of the misinformation you got from Toxic, I had to do something, and asking for free recones was an OFFER that I expected a counter offer for.

Anyway, so the cones are larger than the shipping container, so they are all warped...and stayed warped during the recones
we will see if I have air leaks and rocking

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
finished!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.