AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've asked this in the HTPC forum, but I'll ask here too, just because I hope to catch the eye of VP50 owners. Here is my question.

I have some VHS-C camcorder tapes with a vacation/trip to visit relatives, some skateboarding videos and some punk-rock videos. I took these tapes years ago with an old GE VHS-C camcorder. I've since sold the camcorder years and years ago. I have a JVC SVHS HR-S7800U VCR and a Hauppauge capture card (a pci model #250 I think) and somewhere I have a VHS-C adapter...otherwise, I'll have to buy another one, before they disappear from shelves. I have made a dvd of a VHS tape once for somebody, as they had no vcr and wanted to show a child a cartoon tape they had. The transfer worked ok. Now I want to sit down and archive my VHS-C camcorder tapes as best I can. I have started playing around with the VHS tapes that I made, and they do look somewhat soft etc on my LCD monitor. I am wondering about the de-interlacing etc. How good is the de-interlacing of the hauppauge?

Can I use my DVDO VP50 to de-interlace the video or S-video output of the JVC vcr and then record this signal onto my PC? Is there a better capture card out there that will accept 480P component?

thanks in advance for any idea's,

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
You'll have a hard time finding any capturing device working with 480p, but with a Blackmagic Intensity for example you can capture HDMI in 720p and then downconvert it to 480p if needed. The Blackmagic card works great as long as the HDMI source is HDCP-free.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts