AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last two days I have been trying to record from OTA HDTV PBS on my RCA HDLP50W151 using a JVC HM-DH40000 HD recorder (firewire). No joy. I have looked all over this forum and on google and I have not found a solution. I see people are able to record from the RCA to their computers, so I believe I should be able to do the same with my JVC.

I have been able to record from my JVC HD10U HD recorder (playback) to the 40000.

The firewire connection is working. One firewire out to JVC Camcorder, the other firewire out to JVC HD VCR. No loops. For simplicity, ignore the camcorder connection; it is working, and I cannot record OTA with the camcorder connected to its firewire or not.

RCA recognizes THREE Dlink interfaces, the VCR, the TUNER in the VCR, and the CAMCORDER. The TUNER in the vcr and the VCR are on channel 0, and the CAMCORDER is on channel 1 of the firewire interface. For simplicity I disconnected the camcorder, so there are the two devices, the VCR and the TUNER on channel 0. The tuner is meaningless, so I attend to the VCR only.

On the DH40000, I have tried to record with the DH40000 INPUT set to "I1" which is the firewire input to the VCR from the RCA DLP, and I have tried to record to "I2" which is the input from the camcorder. Obviously I cannot record from the RCA DLP using "I2."

I think that I should be able to record from the RCA DLP OTA tuner to the VCR using channel 0 (on RCA DLP firewire) to the VCR. But so far I have not been successful. I can PLAY HD tapes from the HD VCR to the RCA DLP using firewire channel 0 on the TV.

Is there anybody out in TV land that can help me record from the RCA DLP OTA tuner to the JVC HM-DH40000? My needs are simple; I would like to record some of the OTA PBS HD or wide screen programs.

If not, has anybody had success with the Mitsubishi HS-HD20000U? Or have the Lords of Hollywood defeated my aims?

Thanks for any help,

Frank

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.