AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey is it possible to record hdtv on a svhs tape and still have the hidef res and quality? on a Jvc Hm-dh30000u

Rasmus

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Some brands work and some don't, do a search for Fuji.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mrpro
hey is it possible to record hdtv on a svhs tape and still have the hidef res and quality? on a Jvc Hm-dh30000u

Rasmus
Yes! I have many SVHS tapes that I have recorded on my JVC 30K DVHS VCR. A T-120 SVHS tape can store 120 minutes of HD in the HS mode. It can store 240 minutes in the STD mode (not HD) and a total of 12 hours in the LS3 mode. HD requires the HS mode and that limits the recording time to 120 minutes.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

DVHS tapes are like really HG SVHS tapes ...

Much like SVHS tapes are like really HG VHS tapes.

Longevity is likely better with DVHS tapes ...

REgards

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have used Maxell S-VHS tapes on both the JVC and older Panasonic D-CHS decks. The ST-62BQ yields 62 minutes of standard speed recording, while the ST-126BQ will give you 126 minutes (just over two hours.) For even longer programs, the ST-182BQ is appropriate and can handle just over three hours. You may need to 'trick' the JVC deck into knowing you want D-VHS recording on these tape stocks.

PP

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have used Maxell S-VHS tapes on both the JVC and older Panasonic D-CHS decks. The ST-62BQ yields 62 minutes of standard speed recording, while the ST-126BQ will give you 126 minutes (just over two hours.) For even longer programs, the ST-182BQ is appropriate and can handle just over three hours. You may need to 'trick' the JVC deck into knowing you want D-VHS recording on these tape stocks.

PP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.