Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I've got two UTV's, the Sony W60 will not record two shows at once. Everytime, I attempt to do so, it gives me a conflict. The RCA which is in a different room works fine. I immediately suspected that a tuner was bad, so checked my PIP, which is working, but I noticed it has a ton of pixelation.

After checking my transponders, I found that I couldn't lock on the even transponders but only on tuner 1. Suspecting a cabling issue, I swapped my cables and my problem moved to tuner 2.

Could this be a problem with my multi-switch? How would I know? If it is why wouldn't it be happening on the other UTV?

My multiswitch is a non powered radio shack model. Do any of you have any recommendations for a powered model?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

RJ

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Since the problem moved to the other tuner when you swapped cables, check the connectors on the suspect cable. The crimps may not be good or you might have a minor short. Replace the connectors and check again.

Good Luck,

STeveK

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had a simular problem and it turned out to be a minor short in one of the cable caps (a little silver wire was touching the center copper wire).

-dave

·
Registered
94 Posts
Most likely a cabling issue.

If you are in the market for a new switch, I'd recommend Channel Master -- I've read really good things about them, and they look really cool ;).

However, as already stated, check the cable ends on the cable in question.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I picked up the 6328IFD (3x8) for $109 from mjsales (although, if patient enough, you may pick up a better deal on ebay).

There are other switches for about half the price, but from what I've read, they're not as high a quality.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it was a fried cable! I got tired of messing with it so I figured I see if the insurance I purchased was worth anything.

They came out checked the entire system, found the bad wire and replaced it along with two connectors. Basicly a $60 service call for nothing.

This visit alone paid for the insurance.

Thanks for your input, it was greatly appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.