AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes when I record a show it places the show in two files (two entries in the replay guide). One maybe 19 minutes and the other 41 minutes. I get the complete show.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Interesting ... That same thing happened to me for the first time a couple days ago. It happened to my 4080 unit. I've been using RPTVs since the first model for a couple years and that's the first time I've seen it.

No power loss here, either.

I do use ReplayPC to off load mpegs, but am usually very careful to not do an off-load while the RPTV is active in any way. I have had cases where said off-loads caused a problem if the RPTV was already in the middle of a recording. But it was usually something screwed up with the mpeg and never a file split into two sessions. In my case it was about the same. One 15 minute followed by a 45 minute of a one hour capture.

Was your split also during the first quarter of the recording or the other way around?

·
Registered
113 Posts
My Showstopper has done this before when the signal was lost for a long period of time in the middle of a show.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.