AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got through cleaning all of my records (there's a few that I need to work on restoring, as some of you know), but was wondering what the best practices are for storage (i.e. putting the record back into the jacket or keep it outside of the jacket, properly sleeved, and all contained within an outer sleeve?). On more than a few, things get a little tight when trying to shove all of the things back into the jacket, and I do not want to damage anything. Is it okay to throw away those generic, white paper sleeves or keep them (the collector in me want to keep everything)? What about the ones that aren't generic (i.e. not the ones with printed artwork/lyrics, ones that are actually lined with the same material as, say, the mofi inner sleeves)?

I'm trying to take things a little more seriously, and organize things a lot more. I'm obviously going to do some of my own independent research, but would like to hear anyone's thoughts - I realize that keeping the records contained within the jacket or outside of it might be more of a personal preference thing, but I want to lean on the side of best practices.

Reactions: AlexLac

·
Registered
632 Posts
So I finally got through cleaning all of my records (there's a few that I need to work on restoring, as some of you know), but was wondering what the best practices are for storage (i.e. putting the record back into the jacket or keep it outside of the jacket, properly sleeved, and all contained within an outer sleeve?). On more than a few, things get a little tight when trying to shove all of the things back into the jacket, and I do not want to damage anything. Is it okay to throw away those generic, white paper sleeves or keep them (the collector in me want to keep everything)? What about the ones that aren't generic (i.e. not the ones with printed artwork/lyrics, ones that are actually lined with the same material as, say, the mofi inner sleeves)?

I'm trying to take things a little more seriously, and organize things a lot more. I'm obviously going to do some of my own independent research, but would like to hear anyone's thoughts - I realize that keeping the records contained within the jacket or outside of it might be more of a personal preference thing, but I want to lean on the side of best practices.
It's quite common for sellers to send the record in it's inner sleeve outside the jacket. if they are not sealed This is to prevent the seam splitting in transit due to rattling. Once at home, sitting in your rack stable and not shaking in a box, you can put it where it belongs. You could get ring wear sometimes this way though, but not if they are stored well imo. I still like them inside the jacket. When kept outside, the jacket could get a bit flat with nothing to hold it in it's shape.

I like using a transparent nylon outers over the jacket, so it doesn't get worn from friction with the other jackets. PVC jackets are better, but being thicker amounts to more shelf real estate (especially if you're not planning to stop buying). You have several options on which direction to dress the jacket with different levels of convenience, depending how they are stacked. For inner sleeves, I always prefered polylined white inners over bare paper inners. If the original inner is printed, I'd use a generic polylined inner and insert it inside the printed inner.
I threw out all the generic paper ones that I replaced with polylines, unless they had some special print on them.

How do you store your records? Is it in browsing boxes (like in record stores) or library style?

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's quite common for sellers to send the record in it's inner sleeve outside the jacket. if they are not sealed This is to prevent the seam splitting in transit due to rattling. Once at home, sitting in your rack stable and not shaking in a box, you can put it where it belongs. You could get ring wear sometimes this way though, but not if they are stored well imo. I still like them inside the jacket. When kept outside, the jacket could get a bit flat with nothing to hold it in it's shape.

I like using a transparent nylon outers over the jacket, so it doesn't get worn from friction with the other jackets. PVC jackets are better, but being thicker amounts to more shelf real estate (especially if you're not planning to stop buying). You have several options on which direction to dress the jacket with different levels of convenience, depending how they are stacked. For inner sleeves, I always prefered polylined white inners over bare paper inners. If the original inner is printed, I'd use a generic polylined inner and insert it inside the printed inner.
I threw out all the generic paper ones that I replaced with polylines, unless they had some special print on them.

How do you store your records? Is it in browsing boxes (like in record stores) or library style?
I've got some good outer sleeves, and have been using the mofi inner sleeves for the records themselves. For the records that came with polylined sleeves already, I generally left them as is, and didn't swap them out (I'm fine enough with it as long as it's not just the bare paper) unless the record was super dirty when I pulled it out of the inner sleeve.

I dunno about PVC - it's the two that had those outer sleeves that are half-ruined. One has some bad hazing/misting, other other did something weird, and stuck to everything, even pulling off some of the printing from the insert.

I guess I store them library style? they're just in the ubiquitous Kallax shelf from Ikea. No idea whether that will change later - certainly not in the foreseeable future. I'm dreading having to buy more shelving as my collection grows. Nothing's packed in the shelf too tight, either, as there's wiggle room in each shelf slot.

I haven't thrown out any of the generic, white paper sleeves yet because I was maybe concerned that doing so would hurt the value (from a collector's standpoint).

·
Registered
503 Posts
Unless the original inner sleeve is lined, I use Disk Keeper anti-static inner sleeves (usually buy on Amazon) and polyethylene outer sleeves.
All records are cleaned (Ultrasonic) and vacuumed first and before playing.

I use the Kallax shelves also. Just about perfect for storage. I do modify slightly by adding a "stop" (using a ~1" wide by ~1/2" high piece of wood stained black - to match the shelves), glued with liquid nails at the back of each shelf.

If the original inner sleeves are the generic white ones or unrelated printing - eg other albums from the label, I trash them. Do keep printed liners (eg lyrics) in the jacket also. Some albums came with non-paper inner sleeves (eg several UFO releases on Chrysalis). I may or may not use these - depends on the condition. Some of these I've saved in a closet, others in the trash.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B1V2FA0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001719NXQ/?coliid=IVP34BMRGAWFI&colid=19B0XH0OAP6ZK&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unless the original inner sleeve is lined, I use Disk Keeper anti-static inner sleeves (usually buy on Amazon) and polyethylene outer sleeves.
All records are cleaned (Ultrasonic) and vacuumed first and before playing.

I use the Kallax shelves also. Just about perfect for storage. I do modify slightly by adding a "stop" (using a ~1" wide by ~1/2" high piece of wood stained black - to match the shelves), glued with liquid nails at the back of each shelf.

If the original inner sleeves are the generic white ones or unrelated printing - eg other albums from the label, I trash them. Do keep printed liners (eg lyrics) in the jacket also. Some albums came with non-paper inner sleeves (eg several UFO releases on Chrysalis). I may or may not use these - depends on the condition. Some of these I've saved in a closet, others in the trash.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B1V2FA0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001719NXQ/?coliid=IVP34BMRGAWFI&colid=19B0XH0OAP6ZK&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Thanks for that info. Those Disk Keeper sleeves are pretty pricey in Canada! Nice tip on adding the stopper - it'd be great to prevent the records from coming out of the back of the shelf.

If you happen to tuck the records behind the jackets, would you turn the inner sleeve 90 degrees to prevent any dust from getting in or would that risk the record accidentally slipping out the side as you're removing it from the outer sleeve?

It sounds like the consensus is to just chuck those generic paper sleeves?

·
Registered
632 Posts
I've got some good outer sleeves, and have been using the mofi inner sleeves for the records themselves. For the records that came with polylined sleeves already, I generally left them as is, and didn't swap them out (I'm fine enough with it as long as it's not just the bare paper) unless the record was super dirty when I pulled it out of the inner sleeve.

I dunno about PVC - it's the two that had those outer sleeves that are half-ruined. One has some bad hazing/misting, other other did something weird, and stuck to everything, even pulling off some of the printing from the insert.

I guess I store them library style? they're just in the ubiquitous Kallax shelf from Ikea. No idea whether that will change later - certainly not in the foreseeable future. I'm dreading having to buy more shelving as my collection grows. Nothing's packed in the shelf too tight, either, as there's wiggle room in each shelf slot.

I haven't thrown out any of the generic, white paper sleeves yet because I was maybe concerned that doing so would hurt the value (from a collector's standpoint).
Mofi sleeves are nice, but they are a bit flimsy for me and take some aiming to get into the jackets, especially if the jacket is think carton. The corners sometimes fold too if you don't aim well enough. I prefer paper polylined ones with contoured corners, they are easiest to insert, like those:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/White-Polylined-Record-Inner-Sleeves/dp/B00Y2RPYI0

Since you wet clean your records, it's essential they'd be 110% dry. Moisture can cause bag rash or them sticking to the poly.

The PVC onion effect you're describing is not uncommon. I think it can be due to some reaction with the jacket lamination if it's not a quality lamination. Moisture possibly too.

Kallax are nice, but if you are serious about collecting, you will find that you'll need to add more and more storage space.

I have one of those to minimize the space they take:
https://img.archiexpo.com/images_ae/photo-g/102782-14712975.jpg
Imagine moving house with one of those which I might need to do in the next year or two..

In 30 years of collecting, I never had someone asking me if I have the original plain paper sleeve when selling or trading. I bought many rarities/2nd hand and they looked quite crappy looking already or had folds. Replaced and threw them away.

The best advice I can give you, Ryan, is don't become an obsessive collector. Try to ONLY keep records you really like, avoid completism at all costs. Otherwise you'll find yourself spending more money that you can ever imagine, have more vinyls than you'll ever have time to hear and struggle to find the space to store them (unless of course you have a big house, which outside the US is not that common). I stopped collecting over a decade ago and stopped actively listening to music till a few months ago. By active I mean, pulling out a record and listening to it, rather than play random tunes from youtube etc. I needed to find some of the passion again so to say. I didn't even have my stereo system set up during that decade.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mofi sleeves are nice, but they are a bit flimsy for me and take some aiming to get into the jackets, especially if the jacket is think carton. The corners sometimes fold too if you don't aim well enough. I prefer paper polylined ones with contoured corners, they are easiest to insert, like those:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/White-Polylined-Record-Inner-Sleeves/dp/B00Y2RPYI0

Since you wet clean your records, it's essential they'd be 110% dry. Moisture can cause bag rash or them sticking to the poly.

The PVC onion effect you're describing is not uncommon. I think it can be due to some reaction with the jacket lamination if it's not a quality lamination. Moisture possibly too.

Kallax are nice, but if you are serious about collecting, you will find that you'll need to add more and more storage space.

I have one of those to minimize the space they take:
https://img.archiexpo.com/images_ae/photo-g/102782-14712975.jpg
Imagine moving house with one of those which I might need to do in the next year or two..

In 30 years of collecting, I never had someone asking me if I have the original plain paper sleeve when selling or trading. I bought many rarities/2nd hand and they looked quite crappy looking already or had folds. Replaced and threw them away.

The best advice I can give you, Ryan, is don't become an obsessive collector. Try to ONLY keep records you really like, avoid completism at all costs. Otherwise you'll find yourself spending more money that you can ever imagine, have more vinyls than you'll ever have time to hear and struggle to find the space to store them (unless of course you have a big house, which outside the US is not that common). I stopped collecting over a decade ago and stopped actively listening to music till a few months ago. By active I mean, pulling out a record and listening to it, rather than play random tunes from youtube etc. I needed to find some of the passion again so to say. I didn't even have my stereo system set up during that decade.
Yeah, they aren't heavy-duty, but so far I haven't had any trouble getting them in/out, but I think keeping the records separate from the jackets seems like it might be easier, especially if I keep all of the extras inside the jacket. The only thing that frightens me about that, though, is if it's a double or triple LP, having those records tightly pressed up against each other pressed up against another album jacket.

Oh, I'm aware that I'll eventually need more storage. I hope to God it doesn't get to the point of requiring museum shelving like that. I'm not too crazy with the records, and I usually only buy from artists I already really like. I will take a chance here and there on something I haven't heard of before, but I generally stick to what I like. Sometimes if I'm not sure about something, I'll give the old iTunes previews a listen to see if I can justify a vinyl purchase.

I was only asking because I know in some circles of collecting, having everything that came in the original packaging helps maintain its value over time. If it's truly not essential to keep those white generic paper sleeves, I'd sooner chuck them in the recycling than have them taking up space in the jackets.

I don't believe that I'll get to a point of obsession. I'm certainly not too concerned with completing collections of records from X band or anything (I won't go out and find all of Frank Zappa's records, for example), and If I were to, say, re-buy some Rush albums on vinyl, I'd stick to the ones that I truly love (and that's really maybe 4 or 5 out of the 20 or studio albums they've released, and I stopped following that band 18 years ago).

·
Registered
632 Posts
Yeah, they aren't heavy-duty, but so far I haven't had any trouble getting them in/out, but I think keeping the records separate from the jackets seems like it might be easier, especially if I keep all of the extras inside the jacket. The only thing that frightens me about that, though, is if it's a double or triple LP, having those records tightly pressed up against each other pressed up against another album jacket.

Oh, I'm aware that I'll eventually need more storage. I hope to God it doesn't get to the point of requiring museum shelving like that. I'm not too crazy with the records, and I usually only buy from artists I already really like. I will take a chance here and there on something I haven't heard of before, but I generally stick to what I like. Sometimes if I'm not sure about something, I'll give the old iTunes previews a listen to see if I can justify a vinyl purchase.

I was only asking because I know in some circles of collecting, having everything that came in the original packaging helps maintain its value over time. If it's truly not essential to keep those white generic paper sleeves, I'd sooner chuck them in the recycling than have them taking up space in the jackets.

I don't believe that I'll get to a point of obsession. I'm certainly not too concerned with completing collections of records from X band or anything (I won't go out and find all of Frank Zappa's records, for example), and If I were to, say, re-buy some Rush albums on vinyl, I'd stick to the ones that I truly love (and that's really maybe 4 or 5 out of the 20 or studio albums they've released, and I stopped following that band 18 years ago).
Try it and see how it works for you, I guess. You can keep the inserts outside instead of the vinyls. There's really so many inserts nowdays? It doesn't need to be one size fits all unless you have OCD. What works outside the sleeve like thinner jackets with less depth - outside, the more hefty depth ones - inside.

That's cool, as long as you keep yourself composed, this can be a real fun hobby. I felt obligated to warn you, as I've seen ftom your posts on AVS that you getting more and more into it.

You have the privilege of test hearing almost anything before buying it. That was not the case in my days. It mostly chance taking on artists one didn't know, or some relation to another artist you like.

You should be fine chucking the plain paper sleeves imo. Do some reading if you like, maybe the collectors world is obsessed with original generic paper sleeves now :D

BTW, are you familiar with Slint or Deerhoof?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Mofi inner sleeves outside of main jacket but in an outer plastic cover....in Hope's to prevent that "wear in circle" and preserve the cardboard from splitting. Library style for the time being.... Bought a cheap "Closet Maid" 9 shelf from Home Depot. It's cheap but I beefed up the backside to sturdy it up.

What are ya'll using for deep cleaning? ATM I have the Spin Clean...seems ok, not perfect but ok

Attachments

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Try it and see how it works for you, I guess. You can keep the inserts outside instead of the vinyls. There's really so many inserts nowdays? It doesn't need to be one size fits all unless you have OCD. What works outside the sleeve like thinner jackets with less depth - outside, the more hefty depth ones - inside.

That's cool, as long as you keep yourself composed, this can be a real fun hobby. I felt obligated to warn you, as I've seen ftom your posts on AVS that you getting more and more into it.

You have the privilege of test hearing almost anything before buying it. That was not the case in my days. It mostly chance taking on artists one didn't know, or some relation to another artist you like.

You should be fine chucking the plain paper sleeves imo. Do some reading if you like, maybe the collectors world is obsessed with original generic paper sleeves now :D

BTW, are you familiar with Slint or Deerhoof?
I'll see about it, maybe - I'm still on the fence. Depends on the release. some of the more independent bands I have that are more creative about their packaging do some extra things like hand-made silkscreen prints or pennies that have been run over by a train.

I go through little pockets of time where I focus my interests on something. I couldn't listen to my records for a long time. After we swapped things around, and I got my record player all set up "proper", I ran into a problem with static build-up causing intermittently loud pops (so loud that I was afraid that it was damaging my speakers). I'd put on a record, and it was like trying to anticipate a jack-in-the-box popping open as each minute passed. It wasn't enjoyable.

After chasing the static issue for a bit, I gave up, and decided to get a new TT. That 100% fixed the problem (not a single pop from excessive static build-up with the Fluance I got), which then lead me to think that there was a grounding issue with the TT itself - possibly a problem with some connection from the cartridge to the tonearm. A theory predicated on the experience of using an anti-static stylus cleaning brush and the loud pop occurring just doing that. Once I was certain that the issue had been resolved with the new TT, and it became enjoyable, I just got a bit more interested in taking better care of my vinyl. I'm pretty sure I wasn't storing them the best, and that probably contributed to the printing from an insert sticking to that one record.

It wasn't really for me, either - I've gone through just about all of the music media formats in my lifetime (vinyl, 8-track, cassette, CD, digital, and back to vinyl).

Collectors are pretty particular. I don't keep the shrink wrap or download cards, but I'm sure there are collectors that expect those things to still be intact. I'm certainly not married to those generic paper sleeves.

Slint - yes, but only vaguely. I had a CD-R of Spiderland, but they were one of the bands that I didn't get into at that time. Deerhoof - absolutely yes. Love them. Have seen them live twice, even. My wife was the one who introduced me to them with Apple O' and Milkman. I have always appreciated that one of their early influences was The Shaggs (My Pal Foot Foot - check it out if you don't know, and don't hate me). Of their latest, I wasn't a big fan of The Magic, and I only skimmed over Mountain Moves, but I'm curious about their new album. Perfect opportunity to preview via iTunes.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What are ya'll using for deep cleaning? ATM I have the Spin Clean...seems ok, not perfect but ok
I just got a Spin Clean, so I am going to be using that from now on. I think it does a good job.

Reactions: J Devil 666

·
Registered
503 Posts
Thanks for that info. Those Disk Keeper sleeves are pretty pricey in Canada! Nice tip on adding the stopper - it'd be great to prevent the records from coming out of the back of the shelf.

If you happen to tuck the records behind the jackets, would you turn the inner sleeve 90 degrees to prevent any dust from getting in or would that risk the record accidentally slipping out the side as you're removing it from the outer sleeve?

It sounds like the consensus is to just chuck those generic paper sleeves?

Exactly why I add the stopper - to keep the records from sliding too far back (I like the jackets to line up at the front - so a bit OCD :)).

I insert the inner sleeve/record into the jacket, open side up. Don't store the vinyl outside of the jacket. If I were storing outside, I'd probably rotate 90 degrees to help minimize dust getting on the vinyl. Could always rotate the outer 90 degrees so the inner is pointed straight up when removing. I always use a brush an album before playing.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I'll see about it, maybe - I'm still on the fence. Depends on the release. some of the more independent bands I have that are more creative about their packaging do some extra things like hand-made silkscreen prints or pennies that have been run over by a train.

I go through little pockets of time where I focus my interests on something. I couldn't listen to my records for a long time. After we swapped things around, and I got my record player all set up "proper", I ran into a problem with static build-up causing intermittently loud pops (so loud that I was afraid that it was damaging my speakers). I'd put on a record, and it was like trying to anticipate a jack-in-the-box popping open as each minute passed. It wasn't enjoyable.

After chasing the static issue for a bit, I gave up, and decided to get a new TT. That 100% fixed the problem (not a single pop from excessive static build-up with the Fluance I got), which then lead me to think that there was a grounding issue with the TT itself - possibly a problem with some connection from the cartridge to the tonearm. A theory predicated on the experience of using an anti-static stylus cleaning brush and the loud pop occurring just doing that. Once I was certain that the issue had been resolved with the new TT, and it became enjoyable, I just got a bit more interested in taking better care of my vinyl. I'm pretty sure I wasn't storing them the best, and that probably contributed to the printing from an insert sticking to that one record.

It wasn't really for me, either - I've gone through just about all of the music media formats in my lifetime (vinyl, 8-track, cassette, CD, digital, and back to vinyl).

Collectors are pretty particular. I don't keep the shrink wrap or download cards, but I'm sure there are collectors that expect those things to still be intact. I'm certainly not married to those generic paper sleeves.

Slint - yes, but only vaguely. I had a CD-R of Spiderland, but they were one of the bands that I didn't get into at that time. Deerhoof - absolutely yes. Love them. Have seen them live twice, even. My wife was the one who introduced me to them with Apple O' and Milkman. I have always appreciated that one of their early influences was The Shaggs (My Pal Foot Foot - check it out if you don't know, and don't hate me). Of their latest, I wasn't a big fan of The Magic, and I only skimmed over Mountain Moves, but I'm curious about their new album. Perfect opportunity to preview via iTunes.
OK, so you're obviously not a young buck :p It's not always easy to tell. A lot of younger folks discovered vinyls just in the last years.
I never had 8-track but I have a lot of vinyls, cds and tapes. Tapes are all releases from home musicians/labels who didn't have money to do vinyls, and CD-R were not a thing yet.

I have a Technics SL1200MK2, I always hated belt drive. I recently sent my classic Stanton Stereohedron to get retipped. I only learned it's considered to be a true MM classic after pulling out the TT and faced terrible tracking issues. Then did some asking and research and found out. TBH I'm not sure if I can even appreciate it, but if it's such a classic, might as well save it.

You should listen to Spiderland 120%. For me it's the best album of it's genre and period. It's a little sparse and not as tight as some others, but I think it's amazing.

Deerhoof are wonderful indeed. Happy to hear you love them. To me they are kind of a Blonde Redhead progression. The first 2-3 BR albums are classics, but then they turned too soft. I've heard Deerhoof went in that direction later on too and you seem to confirm that with your comments on their later albums. I've not heard anything they did since I stopped collecting, so I can't comment myself.
I saw they released a new album just recently. It has some fancy limited edition with a 7" that sold out instantly. It reminded me why I stopped collecting lol.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Before any record goes onto my TT, my procedure is:
a) Ultrasonic cleaner for 10 minutes. Ultrasonic tank bought off Amazon + Vinyl Stack.

• Bath is distilled water + Tergikleen (available on Amazon) + Hepastat 256 + Photoflo. Although currently, I've also added Liquonox cleaner to bath as well (also bought off Amazon).
b) Drip dry / wipe any residual water when removing from vinyl stack.
c) On to VPI HW16.5 vacuum machine for an additional cleaning, then water only rinsing (4x). Side A, then Side B. Generally, 3-4 revolutions for each cleaning or rinsing step, 2 revolutions vacuum dry.

• Clean with Liquonox/distilled water mix and brush. Vacuum dry. Distilled Water/Photoflo mix rinse with brush. Vacuum. Distilled water rinse/vacuum same brush. Vacuum. Distilled Water rinse/vacuum with a different brush (2x).
d) lay out vinyl on a lint free cloth in front of a PC de-ionizer (either got it from Amazon or Ebay, don't recall) for a minute or few. Flip vinyl and do the other side. Then directly into the inner sleeve. This is mainly to remove any residual static. I'd really like a Furutech DeStat, but can't justify the expense.

For a really grimy/dirty record or of questionable history (eg estate sale, Goodwill, 1/2 price books), I may do a wash with enzyme cleaner, vacuum, distilled water rinse, vacuum then repeat same using either Liquonox or Tergitol wash instead of enzyme.

Distilled water rinsing is very important to remove any residual cleaner. Plus, water is a very good solvent.

If there are still pops/clicks after first cleaning cycle above, I'll reclean. May or may not include a repeat in the Ultrasonic cleaner.

Some records, though, will have pops/clicks as the groove was likely damaged by previous owner. No amount of cleaning will remove. I do have a Sweetvinyl Sugar Cube mini-1 in my analog chain that I'll use with records that would otherwise not be very enjoyable to play.

Reactions: Ryan Statz

·
Registered
632 Posts

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
I hate it when I find a good record and it has NO LINER!!!!!!! Or it has one of those thin plastic ones thats hard as hell to get the record in/out of!!

Reactions: Ryan Statz

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@Ryan Statz
How about The Cardiacs? To me they are possibly the best long standing band of all times. Their music is very busy and extremely disciplined but at the same time very musical and even catchy.

This is a good place to start:

https://www.discogs.com/Cardiacs-A-Little-Man-And-A-House-And-The-Whole-World-Window/master/36059

If you get along with the style, they are guaranteed to blow your mind.
I think I'd need to be in the mood to listen to them. I love The Residents, but can't listen to them unless the mood is there.

I hate it when I find a good record and it has NO LINER!!!!!!! Or it has one of those thin plastic ones rhats hard as hell to get the record in/out of!!
I can't say I've come across that - I don't buy used, though - at least not yet.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I think I'd need to be in the mood to listen to them. I love The Residents, but can't listen to them unless the mood is there.
Yeah, maybe so. It is very busy. The Residents are amazing.

I don't need a special mood for those genres. It's on the approachable side compared to some of music I like.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, maybe so. It is very busy. The Residents are amazing.

I don't need a special mood for those genres. It's on the approachable side compared to some of music I like.
There are definitely things I listen to that I can't unless I'm in our place by myself haha. Wesley Willis (RIP), and Jandek being two of those things.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts