AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ABC-Even though the game was not broadcast in HD- The recording on the E-80 HDD at XP upon playback seemed clearer than regular ABC network games before. It was crystal clear on playback on the Sony HD XBR-800 40 inch monster. More clear than the network ABC station non digital before. First time I have tried this. Question is: can the E-80 record better PQ from a digital signal or an HD feed when the broadcast is NOT HD? vs regular network stuff on the low channels?

·
Registered
28 Posts
jUST A NOTE BUT IF YOURE WATCHING THE NORMALLY HD STATION EVEN IF THEY ARENT BROADCASTING IN REAL HD THEN ITS STILL IN 480P.AT LEAST HERE IN CHARLOTTE IT IS.THIS IS SOMETHING I'VE HEARD ALMOST ALL HD STATIONS DO BUT DEFINATELY NOT ALL OF THEM! THAT MAY BE THE REASON YOUR PQ IS SO MUCH BETTER.FAR AS I KNOW THE E-80 CAN PICK UP AND RECORD 480P TRANSMISSIONS.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes and no.

For example, an XP off of TWC HD for Monday Night Football gives great PQ. A recording of Stargate from digital cable (same box) gives good quality as well, but only as good as the source. Stargate looks as good as it does not recorded, but it still sucks compared to my DVDs of Stargate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.