AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recorded Madagascar off of Dish Network HD PPV last night and the picture quality was absolutely stunning. The picture detail was amazing rivaling Ice Age D-Theater on my 92" screen. The colors were stunning as well. Definately HD reference material.

Tom

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
Tom, did you record it from 149 or 110 sat??, the PPV channel on 148 has a amazing 16.5 Mbps bitrate while 110 is a little lacking at around 12 Mbps

of course this varies between movies but the 148 PPV is much better

I was thinking of grabing The Ring 2

-Gary

·
Premium Member
35,427 Posts
Will the 942 record a PPV program or does it need to be off-loaded to another device while it's running?

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Murrell
Tom, did you record it from 149 or 110 sat??, the PPV channel on 148 has a amazing 16.5 Mbps bitrate while 110 is a little lacking at around 12 Mbps

of course this varies between movies but the 148 PPV is much better
I recorded/watched it from 110. My second dish is pointed to 61.5 so I can get CBS HD East to supplement my local OTA CBS HD West. It looked terrific from 110. Fastastic vivid colors--don't think I've ever seen better.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehren
Gary I thought HDPPV on 110 was 1280x1080
No, only Voom is 1280x1080. The rest of the HD Pak is transmitted in its original resolution. CBS-E HD is in 1440x1080. CBS-W HD is still 1920x1080i.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Thats good to hear, I was thinking about buying this one since I haven't seen it but wanted too. Looks like its off the guide for at least the next two days.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Have been watching it on Bell Expressvu HDPPV...... definately looks good but as I understand it Bell has some seriously low bitrates :(. In fact I think they may have gone down compared to a year ago. I watched LOTR: ROTK last year in HD on my Bell system and it looked amazing. I watched it again the other day and it didnt really impress me.

Madagascar looks every bit as good as Ice Age did in HD a week or 2 ago when it was on Fox.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by talbain
anybody have any idea how it compares on D*?

I TIVO'D via D* early Wed AM. The picture is stunning. The best HDTV that I have seen for quite some time.

·
Premium Member
35,427 Posts
Finally watched it this afternoon, very, very nice PQ. HD demo type quality, well worth the $5-6 I paid for it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I tried to record MADAGASCAR to D-VHS from IO Digital Cable (Cablevision) and a "COPY PROTECTED" message appeared. So long as I did not hit the record button the picture looked flawless. Once record is engaged the copy protection message appears. Damn!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdef4ever
I tried to record MADAGASCAR to D-VHS from IO Digital Cable (Cablevision) and a "COPY PROTECTED" message appeared. So long as I did not hit the record button the picture looked flawless. Once record is engaged the copy protection message appears. Damn!
PPV can be copy never per 5C.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.