AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only had my JVC 30K DVHS for a week. Tonight I tried to record 24 tonight on my DVHS and when I played it back I rec'd a "copy restricted program"message. Anyone else try to do this and were you successful? Thanks

·
Registered
20,517 Posts
Interesting. What was the source device you were recording from? If it was an HD cable box with a 1394/DTCP output (an option on most HD cable boxes, but not selected by most MSOs), it could well be a cable-system screw-up.

If it was OTA, something's funky--no OTA programming should contain CCI (copy control information).

BTW, I'm nitpicking but, you can't record 24 in HD, since it's not broadcast in HD. It's Fox's widescreen 480p. The HD formats are 1280x720p or higher.

-- Mike Scott

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your right about the HD - I was trying to record it on Fox's version - 480p.

As for connections I have a firewire connection between my Hitachi xwx (has an internal tuner) and the JVC 30K DVHS. I had no trouble recording an NBC program -perhaps the issue is Fox or maybe it's my setup.

I can record 24 using the DTV signal I was just striving for higher quality and thought perhaps Fox was blocking it -after all they put Season 1 on DVD fairly quickly.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,614 Posts
Lyson,

1) Do not post the same subject in 2 forums. I have deleted the other topic.

2) I have changed the topic title regarding 480p.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry Ken. I posted in 2 places because i wasn't sure where the topic should go. Lesson learned thanks.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've received that error before using myhd and my JVC30K. Did you try to reset the Ilinks from the 30k menu? That worked for me.

----------------

Dave

·
Registered
21,354 Posts
Last nite Ch 10-1, Fox in Phoenix, for the first time broadcast "24" in 16:9 480p. I recorded it successfully and fine. I had the 165 set on 1080i, though I don't know that it makes any difference. I played it back initially with the 165 set at 1080i, and then tried 480p and found the picture looked its best yet!!! My 165 is hooked up using its RGB 15 pin output, with 1394 cable connecting JVC and 165. (I also have component video cables from JVC, but didn't use that last night.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.