AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows how to record an anamorphic encoded video (dvd) on the Panasonic EM20? The only way I can record it now is too switch my playback dvd player to regurlar 4:3 television, so it can record it without anamporhic enhancement but of course the picture is pretty bad. If I try to record it, the recorded signal looks like someone trying to play an anamorphic signal on a televsion that doesn't have the anamorphic squeeze (looks squished up). I'm suprised the EM20 can't do it because I have a D8 Sony Deck that could record the anamorphic signal for playback on my Sony XBR. thanks, Jason

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

What is the problem? You record it in 16:9 mode from the source player ... and then let the Full Mode of the TV take over during playback. Voila, 16:9 enhanced video.

Regards

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello, i'm not sure what you mean. I tape it in 16:9 mode outputted from my source player, but the recorded material will not playback correctly. the picture will not squeeze when I try to play it back. My Sony Tv squeezes anamorphic signals automatically but it doesn't on this recorded signal. Instead it displays like I don't have a tv that is capable of anamorphic squeeze-- picture all stretched out andsuch. am I missing some kind of setting or something? Thanks

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
The E20 will record anamorphic material but it flags all material as 4:3. The pioneer is the only one that lets you set the flag. This doesn't matter in your case, if the auto squeeze mode isn't working on your TV then go into the menu and set it to squeeze. I can do this on my Wega per input. Note you can NOT do anny squeeze on a modulated signal, ie. the cable/tv in coax connector.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.