AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
looks to be way more than enough, ATSC HD is not as taxing as Blu Ray/HD DVD playback so if it can do Bly Ray than it can easily do ATSC HD, ie mpeg2 HD.

Only downside I'd see is poor disc storage, depending on how much you want to record.

- Josh

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
>poor disc storage

That's a bit of a problem during Olympics as I expect to do a lot of time shifting. I'm not retired yet and can't afford to watch TV for hours every day. But normally it won't be a problem as I don't save files. I remove them when I'm done watching them.

Any other laptops? I'm going to buy one today!

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
like i said though with external HDD, you won't have an issue, also what about tuner cards, what do you plan on using?

- Josh

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Josh,

Thanks for chiming in. I have OnAir, and it works fine. But it crashes the current laptop more frequently than I want to see. I've never seen the blue screen of death till I started using OnAir, so I'm rather concerned. I was hoping WinTV HVR is going to be a great tuner, but it seems it's not there yet. I still like the idea of being able to use the component feed, so I might wait for it to be improved or something better to come along.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts