AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the MyHD 100 and the Datavideo DAC100. I will be having the HD-OTA feed into the MyHD and a satellite feed into the DAC100. Will I be able to record from both of these at the same time?

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is this possible even if you have 2 hard drives? No responses so am wondering if this is a stupid question,

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Maybe no one has tried it.

While the MyHD card is very well known here, it may be the lack of knowlege on the DAC100.

In theory, more that 1 capture device can be operating at once. The problem might be in PCI traffic and IRQs.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Its possible if you have enough CPU bandwidth. What is more likely to be the problem is that the software for both cards will demand the overlay so you can only run one at once. This is not necessarily the case but rather is dependent on the delivered software. I have used 4-5 cards and only the PCTV will run without using the overlay.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I regularly record HD with my Fusion I card and NTSC programs with my Creative Labs VideoBlaster simultaneously. But the key issue here is overlay, overlay, overlay. Luckily the Creative Labs software will do scheduled recording in the background without contending for the overlay. There was an earlier version of the Fusion software that seemed to also work (as should be an option) without displaying anything on the screen. That option seems to be absent now so overlay contention could be a problem with other software (like WinDVD). It has been claimed for the Linux HDTV tuner card that up to four can be run in the same system so I don't think there are other bandwidth issues (like system bus or CPU).

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by jkaiser
Maybe no one has tried it.

While the MyHD card is very well known here, it may be the lack of knowlege on the DAC100.

In theory, more that 1 capture device can be operating at once. The problem might be in PCI traffic and IRQs.
The DAC100 is the same as the Canopus ADVC100. It is an external unit that transfers the signal directly to the hard drive. I will need to check to see if it has anything about (overlay). It connects to my satellite receiver via composite cables and then connects to the computer via firewire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.