AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have DISH Network satellite programming through a DVR receiver. I record programs on the DVR to watch later and some I want to save to a DVD so I can play them elsewhere (like in the trailer on vacations or in another room in the house).

WalMart has a Magnavox DVD recorder and Magnavox DVD player available in stores for a reasonable price--about $98 for the recorder and $29 for the player.

DVD Recorder = Model ZC320EM8

DVD Player = Model DP100MW8B

Two questions:

(1) Can I dub the saved programs on my DVR to the DVD recorder?

(2) Later, if I want to make another copy for the trailer, can I use the DVD player to make another copy on the DVD recorder?

Thanx in advance. I'm a little new to all this digital stuff (still like cassettes...lol) so appreciate all the help I can get.

-Ag

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
As long as they don't add copy protection to the programming then what you want to do will work. I use these low priced units just for dubbing with no problems. The Philips DVD player at $39 is a lot nicer but they both work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.