AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recorded the Matrix Reloaded the other week from HBO on the 30K. I noticed in the opening of the movie when you are moving through the type, that I could see some pixelation. I could also see it in the first explosion. I have had the 30K updated, but this is not the same issue that the 30k suffers from. I do not recall if this was in the actual broadcast or not. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
714 Posts
If you replay it a number of times in the same part of the movie is it always exactly the same pixelation problem? There are drop outs that occur that are from the satellite feed or the cable feed itself and have nothing to do with your equipment. If the problem doesn't appear in the identical spot every time when you replay it could be your 30K but if it always is the same it most likely was in the feed you received and recorded.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is always in the same spot. I recorded this from Comcast cable, on HBO. HBO said that it was true HD. Do others see this problem in the actual feed?

·
Registered
703 Posts
It seems that alot of Comcast customers are seeing compression artifacts. This is most likely due to bandwidth limitations because Comcast generally has a high number of HD channel offerings. What you are recording and seeing is identical to the source.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.