AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have a Hauppauge HD PVR, and use the default software that comes with it (Arcsoft I believe) to capture (PS3 gameplay).

I recorded for nearly 5 hours last night, only to find that the capture software doesn't split the file up to prevent it reaching it's max size on windows (depending on file system). So my 5 hours of recording went to waste, as the file was stopped at 3.99GB.

Apart from changing the file system (which I don't wish to do), and starting / stopping (this would be a pain) the recording so it makes a new file, what are my options?

Do I need to find capture software that will create a new file when it reaches the max file size allowed?

Any recommendations?

Thanks

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
I'm not aware of any Windows software that is (a) compatibile with the Hauppauge and (b) allows you to save in 4GB chunks.

Is there a reason why you don't want to convert to NTFS? You don't have to reformat / reinstall.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, thought you would have to format.

Apart from bigger file sizes, what is the benefit of NTFS?

Ah, just read about it, seems NTFS is the way to go anyway, I'll look into changing that.

Thanks

Any recommendations for better capture software, as the Arcsoft capture software crashes quite often.

·
Registered
13,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopThosePringles /forum/post/17025260

Ah, thought you would have to format.

Apart from bigger file sizes, what is the benefit of NTFS?

The primary benefits are security and reliability. NTFS formatted drives are much less susceptible to drive errors than FAT32 drives, and if errors do occur, NTFS is far superior in its error recovery.

To convert from FAT32 to NTFS, open a command prompt with administrator privileges and type:

Code:
Code:
C:\\> CONVERT  C:  /fs:ntfs
Your computer will reboot and convert the drive. There's no data loss.

For alternatives to the Arcsoft software, see the Hauppauge HD PVR threads here and here .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts