AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a JVC H40000U at Frys today. It has been languishing on the shelf for many months and was the last one they had...... great price. Anyhow I have Comcast with the Motorola 6412 phase lll box. The JVC player came with no manual. I just want to archive what I have on my diver. So the basics would be IEEE cable from Moto to JVC, make sure the settings on the JVC are set to 720-1080 in the menu. Use any of the tapes discussed on this forum, hit record and I should be in business? Anything I should be aware of? I'm hoping this unit works, as I've wanted a D-VHS deck for awhile. Of course the newer 5U with the HDMI would be better for my projector, but would cost me a whole lot more than what I paid for the 40000U.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Good Luck, I've been recording from a 6200 to a JVC 30 K for about 1 1/2 years. I just got the new 6412 III and everything comes out the firwire as copy protected and down to 480i. I've been trying to get the cable company to switch me back to the older box but haven't been having good luck with them. I don't think 30K, 40K or 5u is going to make a difference as far as 1394 goes. I'm open to anybody who has an answer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.