AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never bought pay-per-view movies before, but I want to buy and record one now. I thought I would go to the guide, find the showing I wanted, click record then complete the purchase. However, the record button doesn't work. Do I need to buy the movie first or do I manually record from the channel or something else?

thanks

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
When the guide is up, you hit select, then it'll step you through the ordering process. Including recording the show.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was able to record a pay per view showing last week by hitting record on the item through the guide. Problem is when I watched the recording afterwards, every 10 seconds or so the picture "pixelized" and the audio burped. I'm assuming that was some type of copyright protection. Has anybody experienced this as well?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by artin
Problem is when I watched the recording afterwards, every 10 seconds or so the picture "pixelized" and the audio burped. I'm assuming that was some type of copyright protection.
No. I don't buy PPV very often, but everytime I do, I always record it. I have never had a problem playing back a PPV at a later time. AFAIK there is no difference between PPV and any other item you record.

Jay

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm not sure what the heck it was then... The screen turned green, pixelized, the audio cut out, and then a few seconds later it came back. When I was recording the show it looked fine but on playback it did this on an interval that made it obvious it wasn't a random thing.

FYI it was on channel 183 on November 30th (Time Machine) in case someone else experienced this.

It's very odd - I've never seen it happen before.

·
Registered
41 Posts

I had the exact same trouble you describe on my units when I added a second UTV unit to my multi-switch (It was a passive model) but it was consistent on all programming not just recordings. I upgraded my multiswitch to a powered model and the trouble went away, I am wondering if it is (was) a low voltage condition.

-Oo

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a powered 4x4 switch splitting the signal to the UTV and a single-tuner RCA receiver. I wonder if anyone knows what transponder channel 183 is on so I can check signal levels on it. Thanks for the tip!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.