AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even with a Replay 3060 one must conserve space.

I use my high quality (uses 3x space) for sports like football so there is no streaking and I use the standard (low 1X) quality for everything else. I found the medium quality (uses 2x space) to be inadequate for football (still streaks with running players) and no advantage over standard (1x) for regular cable TV shows so I don't use medium quality at all.

My 3060 is between the cable box (composite connection) and the 27" Sony Wega (S video connection). I don't want to put any money into the 3060 because I am saving for a larger display so thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences.

How do others manage recording quality to conserve drive space? Has anyone found a good use for medium quality?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I just record everything at medium, 'cept on the TiVo (which is for crap I probably don't really want to watch, anyway). 3030, 4040, 4080, all unhacked, giving me a total of 75 hours of space at medium on the Replays and 14 in crap mode on the TiVo.

I've been thinking of upping the default to high quality (giving me 50 hours) and just reducing the amount of TV I watch. Of course, the season will accomplish the latter goal all by itself.

·
Registered
45 Posts
After downgrading my 3030 from 160G of space down to 80G, I've found that I'm MUCH more picky about what I record now.

I used to record everything in the hopes that some of it I would like, but after the hard drive crash (hence why I went down to 1 Drive), I found myself recording only certain shows. Those with a higher priority I naturally Guarantee, but a majority of what I watch is unguaranteed.

My system probably records about, on average, 3.5 to 4 hours each day... down from the 12 to 14 I was doing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.