AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I record the news every night from 10:00 PM to 11:00 PM. The other evening The ReplayTV started recording at 10:23 PM and finished at 11:00 PM.

There were no power outages and no schedule conflicts.

This has happened to me two other times on other programs.

Could this be operator error or a software bug? Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have any ideas on what I might be doing that could cause this?

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
This could happen if there was a marginal signal condition present. Then the Replay would not have recorded that portion. When signal returned, the Replay would just continue with the recording.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am connected to the S-Video port of my Dish Network Receiver. I would think the signal level on this port would be pretty consistant, but maybe this is happening anyway.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I had the same thing happen a few days back. A bunch of 30 minute programs were recorded starting 10 minutes into the show. This is with a 4000 connected to an attbi digital box. I am pretty sure that it was not a case of not getting a good signal because the digital cable box always puts up a channel banner for 3-5 seconds after a channel change, so the start of all my shows have such a banner on them. These shows that were started late also had banners on them as if the replay had just then changed the channel.

I was annoyed, but it seems to have returned to normal in the last day or two.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.