AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to record live basketball and football events via the ESPN app on xbox one or through the app on Samsung smart tv. Also via ESPN app via PC. Can anyone give me tips on going about this?

I believe I need a capture device but is there a certain model or brand that I would need. I am very new at all this so bear with me. My wish is to record the event. Edit out the commercials and burn to a DVD. Back in the day this was all very easy with a DVD recorder.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Gday - anyone else reading this, dont assume please on all countries on the planet this is illegal - in various countries fair use backups are fine and other things like software patents are not respected in law. Can we avoid this becoming a poorly informed debate please on it.

It depends on the DRM being used on that platform as to if it can be defeated in software. There is some products such as: AnyStream | RedFox Forum

The foolproof solution is to use a HDMI stripper - there is even HDMI 2.1 versions that will do all sorts of useful things with HDMI handshaking, with HDCP etcetc. Basically this is hardware defeat of DRM, then capture it, edit it, package it. You can do so at zero bit loss without re-encoding the compression too - bit identical. So 4K AV1 10 bit HDR with TrueHD Atmos sound, no problem for example. Youll need to search around but one place is: Home | HDFury.com | Connect and Fix everything in HDMI

cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts