AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Just got a new Samsung 58b550 that I'm loving so far. The only problem is when using HDMI with my ps3 or Xbox, I am seeing 5 or 6 red dots flickering around the top right corner of the screen. I am just trying to figure what's causing this. I Just moved so as of right now I have nothing to test on the set besides the ps3 and Xbox.

The only thing though is that if I do the burn in scrolling the screen looks perfect. No dots ina white screen but through the HDMI its there. The cables are cheap but I doubt UT would be happening to both. Maybe a temp issue? Its a bit cold where the TV is. Voltage problem? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh one other thing is this only occurs on movie mode. Standard and dynamic don't have the issue. And it seems to only happen when running 1080 feeds. Hopefully its Just a cable issue. I plan onbuying a new cable today.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you're right. In 16:9 it appears fine. Only seems to be an issue when running it in native 1080p. What's the dot mode?

·
Registered
9,590 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by booloo /forum/post/18285910

I think you're right. In 16:9 it appears fine. Only seems to be an issue when running it in native 1080p. What's the dot mode?

16:9 has overscan where part of the image is cut off. Dot mode is where the TV is displaying every dot in the source image 1:1 even the blank areas around the edge of the picture. (which often has unwanted image noise)

Dot mode has a lot of different names and I don't remember what Samsung calls it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dot mode still gives you the best image quality for 1080p sources though right? I'd rather ignore the few dots of noise if 16:9 wont look as sharp. Thanks for clearing some of these things up for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts