AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my HTPC running for several years, the motherboard is an  Asus M3A78-EM  which has an Integrated ATI Radeon HD 3200 GPU. My old telly only had a VGA input so I used VGA to deliver 720p resolution which worked fine. I just bought a new Samsung f6400 telly which doesn't have VGA but it does have HDMI. I plugged a DVI cable from the HTPC to the HDMI/DVI port on the telly using a DVI to HDMI cable, I didn't touch anything else on the OS. The new telly showed the picture fine and the resolution and colours are fine. 

The issue I'm having is at some moments during a movie being played (doesn't matter if it's a x264 or Xvid encode) I see red flickering dots in the picture. I recorded what's happening,  take a look . If I take the window out of full screen and drag it around the red flickering dots move with the window.

I updated to the latest ATI drivers, no change. I put the same file on a USB stick and plugged it directly into the TV and played the same scene, no flickering dots. It only happens when I'm playing off my HTPC. Any ideas on what is causing it? Something to do with the DVI/HMDI signal?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts