AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a red glow of sorts when I change channels and in some scenes with light backgrounds. The glow is at the center of the screen at the bottom. I have a feeling it is the lamp bleeding through, but this is only a guess. Does anyone have any experience with this type of issue?

I also have what looks like small dirt specks on the inside of the screen. They can be seen when you are close to the screen and in light background scenes. It is not as noticeable in movies but is noticeable when playing the Wii from an average distance.

I am having my TV calibrated in two weeks and am considering holding off until I get these issues resolved.

· Premium Member
2,554 Posts
Based on that, I'd place a call to Mits and at least let them know you're having issues.

I would say that a tech should stop by and have a look.

Seggers

· Registered
1,156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsman /forum/post/15420055

So I take it you guys do not have this problem then? I will try to call Mitsubishi tomorrow. How about the specs I referred to? Do you see the dirt specks behind your screens?

there are 2 "port holes" on either side of the TV that can be removed with 1 screw.

try taking one of those off and see if you cant clean the dirt off from the screen with a soft cloth.

· Registered
71 Posts
I have the 57732 and have no issues with any red glow but I do have what looks like dirt specs on the upper left hand corner of the screen. I have removed my front screen and cleaned both the inside and outside with microfiber cloth dampened with screen cleaner. But the specs on mine are actually between the layers of the screen. Since mine is only visible from very close I decided not to risk seperating them to clean the inner layer as I have heard this inner layer is very fragile. (The screen is made up 3 layers I believe)

If anyone else has successfully seperated these layers and cleaned them I would be interested in hearing the details.

· Premium Member
2,554 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsman /forum/post/15420055

So I take it you guys do not have this problem then? I will try to call Mitsubishi tomorrow. How about the specs I referred to? Do you see the dirt specks behind your screens?

Neither of those issues on my set.

Seggers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.