AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week we installed an RCA DTC100 receiver - last evening I started getting red and green horizontal stripes going through the whole bottom half of the picture ONLY - I could not call up the info overlay or guide but was able to change channels - and the lines remainded with each channel - the only way to get rid of the lines was to turn the unit off then back on - anyone else ever get this or know what causes it? Thanks

·
Registered
460 Posts
This is a known problem with the DTC100.

I installed mine in May, 2001 and have seen the "green bars" on the lower half of the screen about 6 times in the past year. When I asked the same question you posed on this forum last year, someone posted that it is a minor problem with the DTC100 that occurs randomly and occasionally.

There are two ways to remove the bars. You can power the unit off and then back on as you have done, but I found by toggling the HD signal off and then on again, the bars go away. I set up my "Fetch" button as the HD/SD toggle switch per instructions in the manual, so the removal of the bars is no big deal.

Initially I thought I had a piece of defective hardware, so I exchanged it at my local retailer, only to have the bars reappear on the replacement unit. The salespersons at the retailer said that they had occasionally seen the bars on their store demo unit but removed that as you did with a power off/on cycle.

RCA's service folks do not seem to know about this problem, or at least they didn't last year. Perhaps a call to them might reveal some new information. Their 800 number is listed in the back of the DTC100 manual.

Dave

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Dave, especially for the toggle tip - I did not try that but will, when or if (ha) it happens again. I thought it had something to do with signal strength because it started when we had a huge downpour last evening and just before the "searching for signal" message came on when signal was completely lost as the storm went through.

Don't you just love those "known issues" that don't get addressed?

Thank you

Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.