AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Toshiba 34HF81 which I purchased new in February 2003. After about one month, I turned on the TV and everything was blue. I switched it on and off and it was back to normal. Now in the last week, this has happend twice. Again turning the TV on and off eliminates the problem. My question is, is this normal? If it's not, how do I replicate this for Toshiba service to see? Should I just wait until it happens more often before I call? The TV is under Toshiba warrenty plus I have the BB extended warrenty for three year.

One more thing. While watching HDNet last night, they played a Nokia commercial which I can only imagine was a SD upconvert. On the left center side of the screen I could see the picture bowing (Hour Glass). This doesn't happen on HD source. Are upconverted SD source not overscanned?

Thanks in advance.

Bert

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I doubt that it's actually the red gun that's failing. More likely is a digital logic problem that's somehow disabling the red portion of your video signal. Does it happen in all modes (SD, HD?). At any rate, it's certainly a problem you should get fixed. Take some photos when it happens if your service rep needs proof. It may be a problem they're already familiar with.

Good luck. Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Litzdog. The picture sounds like a great idea. Can't believe that didn't cross my mind. Keep you updated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.