AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Quote:
Will be presented in the original 1.85:1 aspect ratio at 1080p resolution with 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.

Red Heat will include three featurettes; a making-of TV special; the original theatrical trailer; and several TV spots.

Never seen this.. Looking forward to seeing it in HD for the first time.

Source

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Cool, if it's $20 or less, I'll probably pick it up. I loved all of the early Arnold films. Hope to see Raw Deal sometime too.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
It's pure cheese like most Arny movies. Still a fun movie though. Sort of The Terminator meets Lethal Weapon. I can't picture them spending big money to clean this up so until you see some feed back I would rent before buying.

·
Banned
1,098 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir /forum/post/17486954

I might order it, but I have to see some screenshots first. There is no way in hell I will buy a catalog title without seeing some evidence that it's a decent release.

I don't mind taking some chances. It's like alll of $12.99 at Amazon. There haven't been that many horrendous releases, so odds are this movie will be at least OK in PQ. And I'm certainly not expected a major remastering. And screenshots can be so misleading anyway as we all saw with Contact.

·
Registered
14,886 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysam /forum/post/17487658

I don't mind taking some chances. It's like alll of $12.99 at Amazon. There haven't been that many horrendous releases, so odds are this movie will be at least OK in PQ. And I'm certainly not expected a major remastering. And screenshots can be so misleading anyway as we all saw with Contact.

Well, I have been burned before so I'm not taking any chances. When screenshots were properly done, my expectations have yet to be different when actually watching the film. In other words, no major surprises. My biggest concern for this title is if it's been noticeably DNR'd or EE'd.

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts
Well, at this price point I'm suspecting that Lionsgate did little more than port over their 2004 'special' DVD edition with the same extras:

"East Meets West Featurette

"A Stunt Man for All Seasons Featurette

"I'm Not a Russian but I Play One on TV Featurette

Original Making-of TV Special

Original Theatrical Trailer and TV Spots

However, when I needs me some Walter Hill 'cheese' this is my go-to title along with Last Man Standing which I also hope gets a ($12.99) Blu-ray release soon.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think you will find that it has more features than the DVD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G /forum/post/17497074

Well, at this price point I'm suspecting that Lionsgate did little more than port over their 2004 'special' DVD edition with the same extras:

"East Meets West Featurette

"A Stunt Man for All Seasons Featurette

"I'm Not a Russian but I Play One on TV Featurette

Original Making-of TV Special

Original Theatrical Trailer and TV Spots

However, when I needs me some Walter Hill 'cheese' this is my go-to title along with Last Man Standing which I also hope gets a ($12.99) Blu-ray release soon.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
WOW!

This is how movies from 20 years ago SHOULD look!

Tons of detail on my Oppo, very impressive.

Sound is servicable.

Doesn't hold-up very well as a movie, especially whenever Mr. Belushi is on screen.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts