AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to create a regular red laser DVD containing a VC1 or AVC bitstream with menus that can be played in both Blueray and HD-DVD players. I think the main dificulty is a menu/playback control that works on both Blueray and HDDVD players. Is it possible?


I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum. If so, please kindly redirect me to the right place.


The application is to produce 30min 1080i or 720p high definition wedding video disc with a nice menu that could be popped into either a Blueray or HDDVD player.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,711 Posts
the answer is not really. BD and HD DVD have different file structure, so it will never be BD-9 and HD DVD complient.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,799 Posts
Which is a shame, though you can make a DVD and HDDVD combo disc with red laser.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooki /forum/post/0


you can make a DVD and HDDVD combo disc with red laser.

By combo disc do you mean a DVD such that if you put it in upside down/rightside up you obtain respectively DVD/HD DVD format?


Shouldn't it be possible to copy the HVDVD_TS folder to what otherwise would be a BD9 disk and obtain a red-laser disk that works (with unfortunately no data shared) in both Blueray and HD DVD players?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,799 Posts

Quote:
Shouldn't it be possible to copy the HVDVD_TS folder to what otherwise would be a BD9 disk and obtain a red-laser disk that works (with unfortunately no data shared) in both Blueray and HD DVD players?

The problem is the disk structuire format is different between the two - hence even thoguh the files are ther the player wouldn;t knwo how to read them.

Quote:
By combo disc do you mean a DVD such that if you put it in upside down/rightside up you obtain respectively DVD/HD DVD format?

I was talking about a single side - ie no need to flip (prety sure someone on the forums posted about successfuly making one). Though you could build a flipper if one wanted to.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooki /forum/post/0


The problem is the disk structuire format is different between the two - hence even thoguh the files are ther the player wouldn;t knwo how to read them.




I was talking about a single side - ie no need to flip (prety sure someone on the forums posted about successfuly making one). Though you could build a flipper if one wanted to.

It should be possible as they have different folders for the content. Make a disc with both folders and the appropriate contents and blame!
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top