AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I noticed a red light, very similar to one of those laser pointers, at various locations on my screen from my Sony HS10 projector. It wasn't in the same place, it moved around the screen. It also wasn't always there. It came and went occasionally.

I'm wondering if others have seen this on their projector? My bulb has 2600 hours on it. Is it a sign the bulb is just about done? Or was it just one of those things and I shouldn't worry about it?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There might be a slight opening in the curtains. I'll close them up tight tonight before I turn the projector on!!

Watching a little more I haven't noticed it again -- yet... So we'll se if it was just a one time thing. And I'll check the connections as well.

Thanks for the thoughts, all!

·
Registered
11,213 Posts
Are you watching any $1 street DVDs? Cineplexes have a new copy protection scheme that involves dotting lasers on the screen so they can track those who are recording off the screen. I am NOT making this up - they really do this - it drives me nutz when I see it at the movies.

And yes always scope out the neighbors - never know what they are up to
Also make sure that higher life form called your cat is not being diabolical with the kitty laser he got in his stocking...

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, I wasn't watching DVDs. I was watching either Without a Trace or CSI on my D* HR20.

When watching the movie in the theater you can actually SEE the lasers on the screen?? That would be horrible.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes. I am using the HDMI. And it is a long, probably somewhat cheap cord.

I've had it hookd up for quite a few months now, and just saw my first "laser" last night, though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.