AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I have a question about my bros 360. I informed him that MS extended the warranty on the RROD. He sent his 360 to MS and got it back. I told him to check the serial number to see if he got a new one. The serial number was the same but had a new manufacture date June 18, 2008 a BenQ drive, and no HDMI. The one he sent in was Manufactured August 16, 2006 had a Samsung drive, and no HDMI. So did they replace parts on the 360 and change the sticker on the back? Or did they give him a refurb and use the same serial number? I would think that if it was built in June of 2008 it should have HDMI.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Your correct. Curious though. Does the Opus run on a 175w brick like the falcon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres /forum/post/14278404

MS has a new Falcon class motherboard *without* HDMI that is used for the warranty swaps. I think its called Opus.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRn /forum/post/14278463

Your correct. Curious though. Does the Opus run on a 175w brick like the falcon?

Probably not because my brothers was not sent with a new power supply, could it use both?

·
Registered
3,525 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by popimp /forum/post/14278690

Probably not because my brothers was not sent with a new power supply, could it use both?

It can use both. The power put out is going to be dependent on the resistance of the console, so you can use an old power supply with a new console. The reverse is not true, though.

·
Registered
120 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by popimp /forum/post/14278697

So why did the serial number stay the same and the manufacture date change?

Are you comparing the serial number to what's showing on the repair status website? They change that to reflect the new box they sent.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
UPS said my box was delivered to M$ for repair on friday, but the xbox.com site still says they are waiting for delivery. How long does it take to actually get turned around (I know they say it could take 2-3 weeks on their site, but didn't know if it was accurate usually). And I had asked on the phone when I reported my RRoD if they were going to give me the new falcon chip and the operator was clueless, she didn't even recognize it when I said I got RRoD (I said all the words). I am sure they have protocol, but it was obvious the problem I was having.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I got email notification that mine was on it's way back to me 4 days after I dropped it off at UPS. When I received mine there was a note that said they've replaced my console and that I now have a new serial # etc. The status on Xbox.com never updated past "waiting for your xbox to arrive" so it's probably not the best tracking tool.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samstag /forum/post/14285680

Are you comparing the serial number to what's showing on the repair status website? They change that to reflect the new box they sent.

Samstag the serial number on the xbox that was returned is the same serial number that was on the one that was sent to Microsoft. What changed was the manufacture date. Maybe they got a refurbed unit and slapped a new sticker on it with the same serial number?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by popimp /forum/post/14287495

Samstag the serial number on the xbox that was returned is the same serial number that was on the one that was sent to Microsoft. What changed was the manufacture date. Maybe they got a refurbed unit and slapped a new sticker on it with the same serial number?

I think what he's asking is are you 100% sure what the original serial # was (ie: you have it written down somewhere) or are you pulling up your info on xbox.com? If the later is true, they update it with the new serial number for you which is why they would now match.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No we wrote it down before we sent it in. It's the exact same serial number (we wrote it down) but has a new manufacture date, and a BenQ drive. The old one had a Samsung drive.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by popimp /forum/post/14287689

No we wrote it down before we sent it in. It's the exact same serial number (we wrote it down) but has a new manufacture date, and a BenQ drive. The old one had a Samsung drive.

Did you get a note back included with the system that said they gave you a new one? Mine came with a note that said that and explained how they'll take care of updating the serial #'s in the system for me and all that. If not then I'd guess you didn't get a whole new system, just some new parts and added a new sticker? I dunno.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts