AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that previously I've read something about Red Spots, but what do they mean? Is one of my LCD panels dying? Does this mean impending death for my HS20? Can something be done to stop it?

In the event that my Sony does need service, what kind of turn around time is there?

Help, Im scared for my boy!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I was tired and did a bad job of describing:

The dot only appears after a few hours of use (Leading me to believe it's possibly heat related), it appears no matter what, and it appears as about a 4 inch transparent red spot in the middle of a 14' projected image. (Diagonal).

It's especially apparent on a black screen, but can be seen on colors, etc. It's nothing on the front of my lens, I have wiped it down a couple times.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
4"diameter, transparent and doesn't show up until the unit has been running for a few hours? Sounds like LCD panel spereration.

You'll probably need to send it in for service. It sounds like most users can expect to be without their projector for about a week and a half.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ay221-

Yes, the high altitude setting is on

Eric-

After shutting the unit off overnight, the dot dissapeared. Do you think I should send it in for service preventatively, or wait until the dot reappears?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.