·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oops

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
My sentiments exactly! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I'd start by showing a few finished / semi finished pics of my "man cave and bar." I have been lurking for a while, and I love to browse the site. I'm proud to say that there is more than one influence from the site incorporated in my man cave... namely HeyNow's bar which is locked in my favorites... I would love to hear some feedback, good, bad, indifferent, and of course any suggestions are welcome too. I will post more pics hopefully by the end of the day today of the "theater" part of the cave. Enjoy!!!

Front of the bar... still needs some finish work and staining / painting...

A closer view from the bar stools back...

Bar top, inspired by HeyNow... still needs to have the evirotex coating applied...

Back Bar

Not the best screenshot in the world but it will have to do...

Optoma DV11 with homemade mounting bracket... It uses clips to hold the projector to the ceiling grid, then has a pole with a piece of plexiglass to mount to the top of the projector...

My "theater" wouldn't be complete without these gangsters....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice set up! Very clever on the DV 11 DIY mount. I used to have a DV10 and the reason I got rid of it was I couldn't figure out how to ceiling mount it (and I knew it was living on borrowed time on the coffee table with a 4 year old, a 6 year old and a puppy in the house!) The DV 10 was our first HT projector and in many ways it was the most fun and is what got us into the world of HT at an affordable price. Enjoy your DV11. When the lights are out, it's color and out of the box quality competes with units twice the price!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadajin /forum/post/15628455

Nice set up! Very clever on the DV 11 DIY mount. I used to have a DV10 and the reason I got rid of it was I couldn't figure out how to ceiling mount it (and I knew it was living on borrowed time on the coffee table with a 4 year old, a 6 year old and a puppy in the house!) The DV 10 was our first HT projector and in many ways it was the most fun and is what got us into the world of HT at an affordable price. Enjoy your DV11. When the lights are out, it's color and out of the box quality competes with units twice the price!

Thanks for the comments. I've had the DV11 for almost a year now... I love it, but at only 480p it's time to go... I'm unloading it this weekend for $400 and picking up a BenQ PB7210 for $250!!! At least I can watch true "HD" with that... Anyone know anything about this projector though... I know it's a couple years old, but I consider it an "upgrade".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts