AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is my first post here, and I thought I'd start by showing a few finished / semi finished pics of my "man cave and bar." I have been lurking for a while, and I love to browse the site. I'm proud to say that there is more than one influence from the site incorporated in my man cave... namely HeyNow's bar which is locked in my favorites... I would love to hear some feedback, good, bad, indifferent, and of course any suggestions are welcome too. I will post more pics hopefully by the end of the day today of the "theater" part of the cave. Enjoy!!!

Everything on the bar still needs staining...

This is the portion inspired by HeyNow's bar top, I still have to put Evirotex (sp?) on the top...

I decided to tile the service side of the bar, and went without a drink rail...

Again everything still needs to be stained... including my "handcrafted" cabinets... Also tiled the back bar top.

Back bar with 128 can beverage chiller in place, though not completely closed in yet...

The monitor on the wall was an old computer monitor I had for work, I also had a DVI to HDMI cord, and an lcd mount lying around... put two and two together, and I have a "free" HD LCD TV behind the bar!

That's all for now, but check back soon. I will be uploading more pics by the end of the day.

Mods, i posted this thread in the General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms

forum as well. Then realized I posted on the wrong one. Thus the repost.... Please delete the other thread. Sorry :-(

·
Registered
499 Posts
Nice work. The only thing I would question is the view of the TV if you are sitting at the bar.

Enjoy the new space!!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
The bar looks like fun. Any arcade or pinball?

Seeing you message to the "moderators" you might be better in the other area - "Dedicated Theater" usually means a projector and separate screen large enough to create a Commercial Theater experience in a home area.

So if you have a projection screen on the other end of the space then you are in a good place but if your bar area has a television then the General Home Theater, Media and Game rooms section probably more suited to your thread.

Again, nice room and bar.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjay /forum/post/15484950

The bar looks like fun. Any arcade or pinball?

Seeing you message to the "moderators" you might be better in the other area - "Dedicated Theater" usually means a projector and separate screen large enough to create a Commercial Theater experience in a home area.

So if you have a projection screen on the other end of the space then you are in a good place but if your bar area has a television then the General Home Theater, Media and Game rooms section probably more suited to your thread.

Again, nice room and bar.

I do have the projector and screen... My batteries on the camera died before I could get to it...

As for the view of the TV, it's actually a really good perspective... It is low enough that you can see it under the light. I still have to fish the cables behind the wall though.

I promised that the bar would be servicable for a New Years Eve party, so some things were done in haste... But what a party!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bump!

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
How long is your bar front? mainly how long of a peice of bar rail did you use on the front?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iusteve /forum/post/15602056

How long is your bar front? mainly how long of a peice of bar rail did you use on the front?

The front of the bar is 8ft long. I had bought a total of 14 ft of bar rail to accomodate the return to the wall. But the front rail is 8ft.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Wow. I don't know how I missed this thread. Looks like you really enjoyed this build! Nice work. Tell us how your New Year's Eve guests enjoyed it! Is that a freezer in the back corner? Or are you planning on making your own kegorator?

Enjoy!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are the promised pics of the "theater"...

Not the best screenshot in the world but it will have to do...

Optoma DV11 with homemade mounting bracket... It uses clips to hold the projector to the ceiling grid, then has a pole with a piece of plexiglass to mount to the top of the projector...

My "theater" wouldn't be complete without these gansters....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyNow^ /forum/post/15613143

Wow. I don't know how I missed this thread. Looks like you really enjoyed this build! Nice work. Tell us how your New Year's Eve guests enjoyed it! Is that a freezer in the back corner? Or are you planning on making your own kegorator?

Enjoy!

New Years Eve was a blast (from the past). We had a 70's themed party with costumes and music... Lots of "adult beverages" were flowing...

That is a chest freezer in the picture. I had no where else to put it for the party so it did a good job of covering up the open space there.

BTW, I really enjoyed following your build, and was able to get alot of good information / ideas for my bar from your thread. So I figured I had to give credit where credit is due... Thank you!

·
Registered
3,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpa18t /forum/post/15612909

The front of the bar is 8ft long. I had bought a total of 14 ft of bar rail to accomodate the return to the wall. But the front rail is 8ft.

Where did you get your rail from?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iusteve /forum/post/15613615

Where did you get your rail from?

http://www.hardwoodwarehouse.org/index.html

This place was only about 45 minutes from my house. IF you haven't already, check around for a local "hardwoods" place. Not a lumber yard, or a big box store... They are more likely to have it. But the guys at Hardwood Warehouse were really nice..

·
Registered
419 Posts
Looks like a fun space. I have those exact stools, about to craigslist two of them actually.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpa18t /forum/post/15615204

http://www.hardwoodwarehouse.org/index.html

This place was only about 45 minutes from my house. IF you haven't already, check around for a local "hardwoods" place. Not a lumber yard, or a big box store... They are more likely to have it. But the guys at Hardwood Warehouse were really nice..

What did you pay per foot for it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iusteve /forum/post/15616420

What did you pay per foot for it?

I don't remember exactly, but my head keeps telling me it was around $4/sqft. Or somewhere in that range.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpa18t /forum/post/15618698

I don't remember exactly, but my head keeps telling me it was around $4/sqft. Or somewhere in that range.

WOW really?? What type of wood is it? Do you have or could you take some closer up shots of it so I can see it a bit better

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iusteve /forum/post/15619261

WOW really?? What type of wood is it? Do you have or could you take some closer up shots of it so I can see it a bit better

This is the best profile shot I have right now... I will try to take a better one this evening... I went with the poplar rail, to match the poplar plywood front and sides....

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
The bar looks awesome!! Love the top on it. Very nice work!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpa18t /forum/post/15618698

Well, I called and my head was WAY OFF!!!!!!!!! It's $13 per linear foot. Sorry about that...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts