Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just recieved my new Samsung HLN4365 with firmware 302. I have tried adjusting the picture and no matter what I choose, there seems to be this green tint to the picture. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can reduce this ? Thanks.

P.S. This is with the DirecTv picture on component input 2.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have had a similar problem with my unit that I received about 3 weeks ago. Even with the DVI input(Using the Bravo D1 DVD PLAYER, I had this problem. It was most obvious with darker areas of the picture and particularly with blond hair in shaded areas. I set the color setting on all my active inputs-including DVI to about 41 or 42. This seems to help quite a bit. (The colors were a bit over-saturated in my opinion.) Most people report using 45-50 for the color setting. I also went in the service menu and lowered the Green Gain from 120 to 116.

I only have about 90 hours on my unit so I will have to reset the custom settings later. I used AVIA VE to set my custom settings- They are as follows:

Contrast: 90

Brightness: 58(Except DVI is 42)

Sharpness: 10

Color: 41 or 42

TINT: 50/50

Color temperature: NORMAL

Hope this helps.

David P.

Aromas, CA

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Thats exactly where I noticed it too. In dark scenes and people with blonde hair. I am going to try and lower the green gain to 116 and see how that is.

·
Registered
65 Posts
HLN 467

I found that I had to also increase the red in the service menu as well as reduce the green. I ended up with r gain 130 and g gain 115, also r offset 130 and g offset 115. My firmware is version 211, so these numbers may not work exactly right for you.

Rich

·
Registered
30 Posts
You really never want to adjust the green gain and cuts on a television set. They tell you this during ISF training. For televisions that only allow you to adjust green and another color, fine. But if you can adjust all three, stay away from green. All color settings are usually based off the green, mess with this and you can mess up your set. Then again, if you know all your original settings experimentation cannot hurt. Just be careful.

·
Registered
165 Posts
greg3278,

Thanks for the information. I moved the green settings very slightly, and based on your comments may move them back.

David P,

I also found the colors to be significantly over-saturated. I increased red gain to offset the excessive green, then cut everything back via the color control. I now have natural looking grass, sky, flesh tones etc.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.