AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a used Mits WS55807 and am trying to figure out what the easiest way to reduce the red push on a s-video input. The set came with a small adapter that reduces red push on the component video inputs which works great for DVDs but I still have significant red push on the s-video input. Is there a similar adapter for s-video? Is there a simple way to fix this or do I need to resort to an ISF calibration?

thanks,

Eran

·
Registered
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by eransh
The set came with a small adapter that reduces red push on the component video inputs...
Can this adapter be bought separately? My Mits didn’t come with one.

If this adapter is just an inline resistor, then what is its ohms rating? And, does it need to be a special type (i.e. metal film)?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got it from the guy i bought the set from and am not sure where he purchased it. I'll look at it tomorrow and see how many ohms it is. But I am still trying to find out whether there is something that can be done for s-video without going into the service menus.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I would think that reducing just the red in a S-video signal would be difficult, because the red portion is combined with another color.

·
Registered
853 Posts
You could always get it calibrated and reduce the push, PERIOD!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been looking around at varoius boards and haven't found a way to easily fix red push on the s-video input. Looks like the only way is to calibrate. Apparently I can do this myself if I subscribe to ***************.com and get the codes from there. I am still trying to figure out if I should go that route or just pay the several hundred dollars to get the set calibrated professionally. I am really not sure what Mits is thinking by having such a high red level with absolutely no way for adjustment! It is almost unwatchable...

Thanks,

Eran

·
Registered
503 Posts
You'll need an I2C interface and a computer. Its an easy fix for all input modes. An adapter attaches to your TV and the other end to a parallell cable on a laptop. With this tool you can completely and totally calibrate your mits to perfection.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/I2C-Interface/

Click on files and start reading. Some folks will sell you the interface.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, I just looked at the instructions on the i2c group. Pretty complicated... I thought that the calibration is just done using codes on the remote control. Is this solution the only way to calibrate or is there an easier way?

Eran

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.