AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
I guess we can, although I hadn't precisely because its not a"disc".

BIGGGGG download!
Anyone want to burn this to bluray for me, after the losless audio dont need 4k

Ill pay good GOOD MONEY....

·
Registered
11,084 Posts
That's why it's not a "disc" to begin with - AFAIK there is no accessible software to burn these files to a disc.

·
Registered
272 Posts
This is awesome! Thanks for putting in the effort to both collect and torrent these up :) I gathered some clips last year and found it far easier to just store these on the NAS or Nvidia shield itself to play them using SPMC on the Nvidia Shield. I found that once SPMC was configured correctly for passthru audio, all the formats and files play without hassles via Nvidia Sheild.

Having updated the Shield with 256GB of external storage, my favourite clips are played super conveniently by just storing them on the device.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That's why it's not a "disc" to begin with - AFAIK there is no accessible software to burn these files to a disc.
Not sure I follow, why would there not be software that could burn these files? As in burn them in a compatible format for BR players or? (I have a BR Burner that can do 128G disks (never tried one, only 50G's))

·
Registered
11,084 Posts
You can burn the files to a disc, you just can't make a BD movie disc. The data is just data, but, to encode it to play like a movie (menu, chapters, etc.) requires encoding that, for now, is not available for the Atmos and :X information that is in these file.
As I understand it. Someone more knowledgeable will certainly be able to explain it better.
Michael

·
Registered
610 Posts
Twice now I've had the download dump on me. uTorrent says the "file size too large for system" or something like that. ERGGG

·
Registered
610 Posts
You might not have enough free space on your destination. It's a BIG download.
You got a FAT32 drive or something?

Make sure you got enough hard drive space?

Here was my order of ops: Download uTorrent, but tried the web app version first. I had only selected flies/clips that I didn't already have from most of the previous downloads, and the remainder was somewhere near 100GB of the 275GB worth of content. The web app was downloading pretty smooth actually, up to 5MB/second. Then it tanked, and stopped altogether after about 9 hours of service.

So then I tried the actual uTorrent software (that I've used w/o incident for years), again made all of my selections, and this time decided just to have it all go onto a 120GB thumb drive. Download was working, although EXTREMELY slow (barely 1MB/s for most of what I was seeing). Let it run all night and all day as I went to work, came home, and found the error.

Admittedly, there is NOT enough hard drive space on my laptop for the entire 275GB, which is why I only elected to download less than half and have it go straight onto the thumb drive. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

EDIT: So actually, it appears as though 74GB actually did download onto the thumbdrive, but there's still 40GB left of space. I wonder why it stopped?

EDIT 2: Nevermind, they're all incomplete video files. Maybe 3 - 4 seconds on each one.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Admittedly, there is NOT enough hard drive space on my laptop for the entire 275GB, which is why I only elected to download less than half and have it go straight onto the thumb drive. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.
To follow up on Mr.Guvernment's question, is there any chance this is an older laptop and somehow with a drive formatted in FAT32? (I'm not even sure if Windows 10 will still install on fat32) Fat32 has a limit of 4gb for file size, and there are some files in this torrent that go above that.

·
Registered
610 Posts
To follow up on Mr.Guvernment's question, is there any chance this is an older laptop and somehow with a drive formatted in FAT32? (I'm not even sure if Windows 10 will still install on fat32) Fat32 has a limit of 4gb for file size, and there are some files in this torrent that go above that.
Oh! No, it's an NTFS drive. The laptop is newer, I a 2018 Acer Aspire 5. Only 250GB of storage, though, which is why I was trying to download to a thumb drive. However, that thumb drive IS formatted to FAT32. Perhaps that is the problem.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Oh! No, it's an NTFS drive. The laptop is newer, I a 2018 Acer Aspire 5. Only 250GB of storage, though, which is why I was trying to download to a thumb drive. However, that thumb drive IS formatted to FAT32. Perhaps that is the problem.
Could be. FAT32 is going to tank at 4 gig, and I'm not sure on this piece, but since torrents are coming by packet, file size isn't calculated against the total which would mean it could run until it hit that 4gb limit and then tank. I guess one way you could check is go through the file sizes of all the ones you're selecting to pull down and see if any cross 4.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Could be. FAT32 is going to tank at 4 gig, and I'm not sure on this piece, but since torrents are coming by packet, file size isn't calculated against the total which would mean it could run until it hit that 4gb limit and then tank. I guess one way you could check is go through the file sizes of all the ones you're selecting to pull down and see if any cross 4.
I think the only file that was >4GB is the Saving Private Ryan clip, which clocks in at just over 6GB. Bummer, because I was really looking forward to that one. Thanks for the input, fellas! I'll give it another shot.

41 - 60 of 161 Posts