AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering the Ref. 50 and will want to use it with a Panasonic RP91 for DVD-Audio and wanted to confirm that bass management could be applied to the 5.1 analog inputs.

Thanks

jack

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I also am interested if I will get bass from the RP91 in DVD-A mode, or if I need to buy the Outlaw unit. In another post, another member(thanks Michael) commented that there is a A to D conversion, but will this effect the sound?

I want to know if the REF 50 will do the same thing the Outlaw ICBM will do to DVD-A.

My REF 50 is coming next week:)

Fred

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the Outlaw ICBM hooked up to my existing Denon receiver and this obviously gives me selectable crossovers for each channel. I would be happy if the Ref. 50 provided a single global crossover for the analog inputs, as my new Triad in-wall speakers are all pretty much the same.

jack

·
Registered
188 Posts
The Ref30 applies NO bass management to the 5.1 analof ins. It's pure pass-thru when in 5-Side or 5-Back. When listening to the 5.1 inputs in something OTHER than 5 main speakers, the 96/24 lite will come on as it's digitizing the input to route to the selected # of speakers. In this process I do not believe it's doing any bass management or time alignment either.

I think the Ref50 has the exact same analog side as the Ref30, and the same method of speaker selection. I had the Ref30.

- Dieter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.