AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was setting up my new B&K Ref 50 last night and have a question for you veteran owners. I went into the speaker setup menu and did the calibration test. The front, center, and side surrounds all had a loud level of pink noise shot to them. The back surrounds had the pink noise but it was at a considerably lower level. I turned the back surrounds up to their +12 maximum and they were still several decibels lower than any other speaker at the +0 level. I am not sure if this is correct. Any advice or suggestions from other Ref 50 owners would me greatly appreciated. By the way, the unit is firmware revision 1.03.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
It would help if you gave some more information.

What about amplification? make & model.

Do any of your amps have input trim controls?

A little info about your speakers could also help.

-Jerry

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the B&K AV125.7 amplifier. My front speakers are Paradigm Studio 60s and Studio CC while all 4 surround are the small Paradigm Cinema speakers. I checked the back of the amp and their are not individual level controls so I have no option there. The big reason that I think I may have a problem is that the side surrounds and back surrounds are identical speakers but the level is vastly different. Thanks!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I am guessing based on your limited information, but ..

I would guess that the channels have the balanced button depressed and NOT the unbalanced. Look and see.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are absolutely correct. I checked all the balanced/unbalanced buttons before I put the amp in my rack. Somehow I must have depressed one during the hookup of my other equipment. I called B&K tech support and was on the phone with them in less than 2 minutes. The tech was really knowledgeable and immediately had me check the buttons. Kudos to B&K as that level of support is almost nonexistant in todays business world.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
:)

I'm glad all is now OK.

Sorry I was pulled away from the thread and I also forgot to

place a check in the Email Notification box as a reminder.

-Jerry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.