AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... I'm late to the party and plan on being late to the next gen party as well. Shouldn't we update the Reference DVD list so that it's accurate? Or is there just not enough people that care right now about SD-DVD?

If I have questions about specific movies, should I just create a thread and ask about them? Such as the best version of Gladiator? I can pick up a ton of movies around here at pawn shops for $3-5 each and would like to purchase only those DVDs that stand out and can withstand the need to upgrade for awhile after I jump to a new setup.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
23,030 Posts
If somebody wants to maintain the list (of those not in the existing list), I'll make it a sticky. I have no real interest. There have been some good looking SD-DVDs, but fewer and far in between since many watch the HDM counterpart so it really doesn't matter. And there seems to be fewer movies worth watching.

The best Gladiator is the Superbit. Good luck finding one.
I don't think there was ever a R1 version.

larry

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper /forum/post/12999641

The best Gladiator is the Superbit. Good luck finding one.
I don't think there was ever a R1 version.

larry
Amazon UK has the "Gladiator" Superbit DVD available but it's not cheap (around 22 Pounds + shipping), also some available on e-Bay.

·
23,030 Posts
22 pounds isn't bad. I wish the $45 R2 buy-it-now option was around a couple years ago. I paid about $70 US with shipping for a French R2 version. It does have the cool super-thin metal case.

larry

·
Banned
5,125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboss /forum/post/13001151

Amazon UK has the "Gladiator" Superbit DVD available but it's not cheap (around 22 Pounds + shipping), also some available on e-Bay.

£35.00 pounds is the average cost of single NTSC laserdisc import back in the late 1990’s.
That's way too much!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts