AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a website or book that I can buy that is a really good reference for basic wall construction in the basement. That includes electrical wiring & codes, plumbing, etc?

I know the basics and have done pieces in several different projects with friends, but never the entire by myself. I was looking for some type of reference to make sure I include everything and hopefully make it go more smoothly.

Thanks-

·
Registered
574 Posts
Home Depot publishes a series of hardcover books that I have found useful over the years. Like you, I pretty much already know how to do most of that stuff, but I like to have a book around to confirm things (especially things that will be covered over with drywall and painted!!).

I have a hard time with websites for this type of stuff, since a book is much more portable (and resistant to dust/tools) than my laptop!!

I would recommend you check them out.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found one! Pretty good even though it is from Better Homes and Gardens. Picked it up at Home Depot...titled "New Complete Guide to Home Repair & Improvement" w/ 3000 Illustrations - can you stand it!!

I'm impressed with just the first glance. Basically covers everything whether your an experienced prof or the begineer.

Thanks Quill, The local bookstores had too many books that were way off topic or too specific. This one is right on track.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.